Ciao for Now

523 E 12th St New York, New York, NY, USA - 212-677-2616

Ciao for Now New York Reviews

sventh sventh
Quaint East Village breakfast/brunch spot Jul 22, 2011
If you're not in the market for one of New York's infamous all-you-can drink weekend brunches, Ciao for Now's more traditional and quaint pre-fix $9.95 weekend brunch is perfect. I order the Gypsy Toast -- a savory french toast with cheddar, chives, and a red onion confit -- and add two eggs on top per the waiter's recommendation. I've also had their "Pick N' Mix" pancakes and added in strawberries and walnuts. These are also amazing, and perhaps the best pancakes I've ever had...? Perhaps. The fresh fruit on the side and fresh squeezed orange juice is terrific as well.

For a quick breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up, they have an assortment of tempting baked good on display, and a selection of coffees.

The fact that this little place uses local and organic ingredients (and composts their waste) whenever possible is icing on one of their sweet, fluffy pancakes.

Ciao for Now, I'll see you soon.
NJTProadcruiser says:
I'm all about low key :)
Posted on: Jul 23, 2011
sventh says:
My pleasure! Definitely do -- keep in mind it's not very large, but it's great for a low-key bfast.
Posted on: Jul 23, 2011
NJTProadcruiser says:
This sounds like a great place. I will check it out soon and thank you for sharing! :)
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011