Ciao Ciao Grande

08-667 64 20

Ciao Ciao Grande Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Ciao Ciao Grande Jan 25, 2010
Stockholm was again showing its face from the cold side. I had taken a new hotel in order to see as many places as possible. This time I was staying at Östermalm which is a nice cozy area, with restaurants and wonderful houses.

Just next to the hotel I saw yet another Italian restaurant; Ciao Ciao Grande which was quite full. I decided not to attack the Siberian winter weather and went for it. I entered and was greeted by the head waiter and shown a place next to 3 Swedish girls so it started pretty well. The 3 girls turned out to be discussing pregnancy and girl names, so I let them be.

The menu was as it is in an Italian restaurant; rather large and quite varied. I felt like something easy so I took a Ciao Ciao Special Pizza. It arrived very fast, so fast that I could have questioned if they could read my mind.

The pizza had loads of rucula, bresaola and spring onions. I was a bit disappointed about the look of the pizza when I got the dish, especially because there was rucula salad everywhere; I could hardly see the anything else.

The pizza surprised me positively and turned out to be rather tasty. I had not tasted this combination of ingredients on a pizza before, but it was really fresh and different in a good way. The only downfall was that the rucula leafs were rough and quite huge. It would have suited the dish if they had done more than just washing salad; they could have cut a lot of the stem off.

To accompany my food I ordered a glass of the house wine which was an Apulia, which is a region in south-eastern Italy bordering the Adriatic Sea. The wine was young but both round, little bit fruity, all in all tasty but with a little bit short mouth.

The interior was cozy; the light was dimmed, so much that you couldn't take pictures without flash! There were white table clothes on all the tables, otherwise things were kept very simple; nice chairs, green leather sofa benches along the wall and so on.

I was pleased with the meal, the place and the service
Inside the restaurant
Inside the restaurant
My wine
dieforu says:
but if its 1 Swedish then no problem right?:-DDDD
Posted on: Jan 28, 2010
Chokk says:
@ Mehmet, HA-HA
@ Bernard and Sarah, I agree!
Posted on: Jan 27, 2010