EuropeItalyRomeRome Tips

www.romeairportbus.com - +39 06713 0531

Ciampino to Termini by coach Rome Reviews

Onthewind Onthewind
Great airport shuttle. Sep 04, 2013
As with all airports there will be a multiple ways to get to and from the cities airports and Rome Ciampino is no different. However I would recommend a coach as it's not too far to the city centre and I don't see the need to take a taxi at €30 one way.

There are a few coach companies waiting to the left as you leave the arrival lounge and I had heard of Terravision as I researched my trip. However there was another company called Schiaffini which advertised in the coach window €3.90 to Termini, which was slightly cheaper than the Terravision. You can also buy a return but I didn't notice the price as I only needed a single ticket. You buy the ticket directly from the driver, who's English is good enough for any questions. I do not recommend buying a ticket on a website in advance, because I don't see it being necessary and you'll probably pay more in fees. Acording to the schedule, Schiaffini coaches also run from Flumicino airport to Rome city centre.

The driver was polite and helped put my big suitcase in the storage underneath. The coach was air-conditioned and had free wifi which was both much appreciated. I think the journey was about 45 minutes and goes directly to the Termini station in the heart of the city. This is a perfect location as you can navigate to your destination pretty easily from here. The return journey picks up from the same place as the drop off, just by the sign (see pics).

There are ways of using other coaches to drop off at the nearest underground station in Ciampino town, but I believe this involves some walking and I can't see the point, perhaps to save a few euro's. In my opinion this is the best way unless money is no object and you can use a taxi (from the official rank, not a guy floating about in the airport) to take you directly to your destination.

Feel free to ask any questions about my experience.
The arrival / departure point by t…

Check Rome Hotel Deals