Churfuerstliche Waldschaenke Moritzburg Hotel

Churfuerstliche Waldschaenke Moritzburg Hotel Rates and Deals

Churfuerstliche Waldschaenke Moritzburg Hotel Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A great place if you want peace and culture May 03, 2008
I didn’t know anything about the hotel Churfuerstliche Waldschaenke when I made my search at, I was just looking for a good price hotel in the area surrounding or inside Dresden. The hotel description sounded nice to me and the price as well; a 4 star hotel at 60€ a night.

I drove directly from Copenhagen late afternoon so I arrived in the area of Moritzburg at 10 pm on a dark but warm evening. Finding my hotel via my GPS was no problem even though I had to drive on some small forest roads the last couple of kilometres.

When I entered the hotel I could see that it was an old hunting lodge in a traditional German way; lots of antlers hanging on the walls, most of the interior kept in wood and white. The receptionist was very friendly and asked me if I had anything to eat that evening because the kitchen could easily prepare a cheese plate for me and have it sent up to my room. I was amazed by that question and confirmed right away that it would be very nice indeed because I was hungry.

I checked in to my room, a bit small but nice and clear with all that I needed. I open the mini bar and had a cold beer. Few minutes later a waiter knocked on my door bringing a nice cheese plate. The cheeses were wonderful and I was feeling rather good. When I later found out that I only had to pay 6,90€ for the treat I was even more pleased.

I woke up early to the sound of a cock waking the whole neighbourhood. I opened the windows not knowing what would meet me. I had the most wonderful view over a field with the sun shining in my face; truly a beautiful morning.

I went down to the breakfast and found a buffet with everything I needed. It was possible to eat outside but after a long winter I didn’t feel comfortable sitting so close to the sun yet. After my breakfast I went for a walk in the surrounding and was just amazed but the nature and the sights that was close to this place.

I had a great stay and it was just what I needed to calm down after month of working. It is a great place if you want peace and culture.
The entry hall at the hotel
The outside area for the breakfast
Possibility for lunch outside
The view from my hotel room
Chokk says:
Sorry; this one was on - but I guess you can find it on both :D
Chokk says:
I used - it was a really nice and calm place
Amrisalem says:
excellent, seems like a great get away
which website have you been using to make the booking?

Churfuerstliche Waldschaenke Moritzburg Hotel Overview

Built around the year 1770, the historical hotel and restaurant Churfuerstliche Waldschaenke is situated in the middle of the beautiful, cultural Moritzburg landscape which constitutes a heritage site along with the hunting castle August des Starken, the pheasant palace, the game reserve and the lighthouse at the Großteich pond. In our historical house, which is a historical monument situated in the conservation area of Moritzburg, you can expect 33 modern personally furnished hotel rooms with a hotel garden, a lobby as well as seven restaurant- and conference rooms and 3 different terraces which are recommended for high-quality business meetings, conferences or family parties. The former residence of the Saxon kings und capital of the Free State of Saxony are approximately 15 km away - as well as Meißen, the porcelain town. The hotel is recommended for business travellers, who are able to find relaxation within only a few hours but also for tourists who want to combine cultural aspects and enjoy nature. Moritzburg, home of the Saxon horse stud, offers one of the best, widely ramified bridle path networks in Germany. Moreover, Moritzburg is enjoyable for bikers and wanderers, but also for people who like fishing and hunting. Tennis courts are available in the near surrounding and there is also a golf course which is approximately 20 km away.

Churfuerstliche Waldschaenke Moritzburg Hotel Amenities

• Garden
  • Water Activities
  • Fishing
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes