Churchill’s Prime Rib House

+1 (705) 476-7777

Churchill’s Prime Rib House North Bay Reviews

Chokk Chokk
This is the place if you like eating in the dark Aug 31, 2011
I had finally reached my goal for the day that was North Bay, ON and I had decided to go for the Best Western Hotel that was situated at the North shore. On the way to hotel and only 500 meters from the hotel I had passed a sigh stating Churchill’s Steakhouse and I had felt a sudden urge for a steak.

After I had checked in to hotel I went for the restaurant. There were parked some cars in front of the restaurant and that was a good sign. Inside the restaurant was quite dark and built up in an attempt to the reach a style of an English country Inn. After a short waiting at the door, a sweet waitress with a good sense of humor seated me.

I ordered a cold Molson and looked at the menu, which had some really good offers. The room was so dark so when the waitress came back with the beer she poured it beside the beer glass, which was kind of funny, anyway we both had a good laugh about it.

I decided to go for the smoked salmon as a starter. The salmon was good and it came with some shredded cucumbers, capers, roasted seeds of some kind, dash of fennel, and marinade. It was really tasty and it was the first normal size dish I had on my trip.

As my main course I decided to go wild and I therefore went for a 26 oz or 739 gram Angus rib eye steak that had been dry hung for 45 days and it was served with roasted potatoes, and vegetables. The meat was great but there was too much at the point of when I ordered I did not know that 26oz was the same as 739 grams. My eyes had shopped for me without taking the size in to consideration.

I decided to end the meal with a really tasty oink cake and a piece of homemade ice cream that was absolutely delightful. I had hoped to get a glass of Canadian Ice Wine but they didn’t have that. After the completion of my meal I was completely full, and after this ordeal I decided to head straight for my room even though there was a bar across the street but I was totally full.
My 26 oz steak
My pink surprise cake with ice-cre…
The sign that made me go
The building