Church of the Rock

Sedona, Arizona

Church of the Rock Sedona Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona Aug 12, 2008
The Church of the Rock is the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona. Built on two pinnacled spur rocks approximately 250 feet high. It juts our of a thousand foot red rock wall representing the solid Rock of Peter in the Bible. The concept of building the chapel was Marguerite Bruswig's. The New York native with three names – Margueritte Bruswig Staude came up with the idea in 1934, the chapel was completed in 1956. Staude conceived the idea while traveling through Sedona, where she was taken by the beauty of the land. It was to be a monument to faith. A spiritual fortress guarded only by God, and aimed at bringing back lost souls to God.

The chapel is a testimony of great architectural achievement. It is a great place of meditation, a pilgim place for many catholics. It is but a small chapel, a great reminder to many to renew their faith. It has a small gift shop below.

I highly recommend a stop here if you visit Sedona. I had a great time with the travbuddies I traveled with. I was able to light a candle for my Dad and brother, both deceased.
Church of the Rock.
Africancrab says:
You are so close Carlos, you should. I shall be happy to take you there whenever you can make it.
Posted on: May 24, 2011
montecarlostar says:
Wow, this place is very beautiful Harriet! Will be on my Arizona list when I finally get to go over there. :)
Posted on: May 24, 2011
Africancrab says:
It was a great experience indeed. Thanks.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Church of the Rock

Summary of Sedona
Sedona is a lovely place. The really-blows-your-mind kind of nice. There are 2 major roads in Sedona, the 89 which goes West and a bit north, and the 179 which runs north-south but ends where it meet…Sedona, here is the place! =) Visit the Church of the Rocks (I think that's what it's called). You get some…

Check Sedona Hotel Deals