Church of the Holy Trinity

  based on 1 review   write a review

2/4 Piotrkowska St., Lodz, Poland

Church of the Holy Trinity Lodz Reviews

kamja kamja
64 reviews
Sep 13, 2007
In 1826-1828 reared at Piotrkowska Street Classical, Evangelical church of the Holy Trinity designed by Bonifacy Witkowski - architect of the Mazovian Voivodship Committee.

The church, the main dominante of the square, acquired its present-day form in the years 1889-1896. (des. O. Gehlig). Today the temple, under the invocation of the Holy Trinity, is used by the Roman Catholics. Attention ought to be paid to the monumental building of the Archeological and Ethnograpic Museum, housed in the former municipal offices. It acquired its present-day form in the course of the thorough transformations introduced in the years 1924-26 by the architect W. Lisowski. Originally, there was the oldest Lodz school that stood in this place, founded in 1856) - still another evidence of the former importance of Nowy Rynek.
That's the one on the left.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Lodz Hotel Deals

photo by: EmyG