Chungking Mansions

Hong Kong

Chungking Mansions Reviews

justasimsim justasim…
Average Price Hostel Jun 08, 2009
Its in Flat C5 , Floor 7, Block C Nathan Road 36-44,Tsim Sha Tsui,Kowloon,Hong Kong. Very close to MTR Subway Train station and its in the SPOT area. Interesting Location, shops places, places to eat.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. But in the night its a bit scary if you waiting for the elevator, but well lot of people waiting so you wont be alone :)
qqstacy qqstacy
Jan 03, 2008
Chungking Mansions must be the cheapest place to stay and it's located in Tsim Sha Tsui (very central area), but it's so small and many different types of people living in this mansions. Not so safe but never dangerous, HK is never dangerous, otherwise you can still find some guesthouses or hostels in Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok, Wan Chai, Sheung Wan and Causeway Bay. Hotels in HK are really expensive!!
Keef53uk says:
Chungking Mansions appeared to me as I enntered like a scene from Star Wars. Africanas, Midle eastern men and many small shops selling everything not related to being in HK. It was quite intimidating. There are a few lift shafts to take you to your "hotel" as some like to call their "guest houses".

This place is a DEATH TRAP and some of the accommodation is far from nice, as I experienced first hand. My "guest House" had no record of my resveration, and managed to put me in the most disgusting single room, with no furniture, a window that opened onto a (maybe rat infested) internal shaft, and a shower that was really only as big as the toilet that was there. In the morning I woke up to find many Middle Eastern guys sleeping in the corridors and internet room.

Looking at the prices on Booking.com, I hardly think these places are cheap, and obviously I got a bad one. Personally I would not recommend this place. I think there is a lot of dodgy things going on there (illegal stuff I mean)and there must be better places to go.

if you are unsure just watch the various home made videos on Youtube
Posted on: Mar 21, 2017
nik2blessed says:
COOL too know...since I been there before, for next time
Posted on: May 17, 2010
qqstacy says:
Personally, I will suggest staying in Mong Kok, as you can come back to Mong Kok 24 hours...the MTR close at mid-night but there are over-night mini bus to Mong Kok from everywhere
Posted on: Jan 10, 2008