Château de Versailles

01 30 83 78 00

Château de Versailles Reviews

snathan snathan
Worth the trip Sep 27, 2011
It is about 60 minutes train ride from Paris Defense to Chateau de Versailles and then about 20 minutes walk from the Versailles train station. When I first got there, my first impression was I should not have spent so much time to tour a 16th old palace. But when you go past the palace and get to the back of it, the garden of versailles was breath-taking. It was like how did they get and grow this all this plants and maintain such a beautiful manicured landscape. You can spend the whole day in the garden. Fortunately, we rented a smart/eco cart for a couple of hours (about 40 Euros) so we could cover the whole garden in less than 2 hours. I am not really a big fan of botanical garden but this one was changed my perception about horticulture. I know you will have a multitude of sight-seeing options when you are in Paris, include this in your itinerary if you have time. However, you need to plan a whole day for the trip back and forth to Versailles and 3-4 hours inside the garden. Have a nice time!

Check Versailles Hotel Deals