Christop's & Friend Thireas

Christop's & Friend Thireas Oia Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Live in the traditional cave h Nov 01, 2015
It's Airbnb.

What do you imagine when you think of Santorini?

Probably blue roof top and white wall at the caldera. This is the romantic island,Santorini.

We stayed exactly that traditional cave house for 4nights. This is absolutely what you MUST in Santorini.

The cave house is located in Oia which is most famouse place,every tourists visiting Santorini for that. My friend told me that we stay there,but I told him we can visit there, because to stay there is much expensive. But his passion for that was strong. I think if I just visiting there for a few hours like other tourist,I may never ever love to Santorini. I now much appreciate to my friend's decision.

The house is just down few stairs from Main Street of Oia. The host,Christos picked my backpack and said,you guys are smart because if you come to here with luggages it would bother you carry it at stairs. When I arrived the small blue color of our door...I already fall in LOVE with this island.

Our place has a big balcony next to the door,then down stairs,then tiny balcony with table and 3chairs and shade...yes,not much tiny. Then the cave house has 3 bed rooms,2 bath rooms,2 living rooms with sofas, and a table, then 1 kitchen. I think you can stay 6-8 people could stay there. I stayed a double bed room,there is an another king size bed room,and single beds room. My room has a small walk-in-closet. The main room has a big walk-in-closet. The bed is comfortable and room is lovely with nice sells decoration. My room is next to living room and kitchen and one bathroom. So it made me feel I am in my house.

I loved the kitchen because I can see the best view of Agean sea from small window when I stand up there. This is something pleasure because this landscape is like only mine.

I loved the bathroom,because of material of white wall... It warmy white. Those wall are always made me feel gentry. Bathroom is not big,but I could get MY bath room,so if you share the room with someone,this is good point for me.

I loved the living room we stayed all the time. Cozy and close to kitchen. An another living was empty all the time,I wish we had some more companions.

I loved every the balcony,because it making the landscape of Santorini. You may not imagine but the "tourists" into our balcony to take pictures!! I know because the view is quite pretty.

The host manager Christos is kind and nice. He gave us some tips and recommended the crusing tour. Also the morning after windy night,he visited the house and fold shade in strage.

I was wrong that it OK to visit that Caldera a few hours because we could see anytime that view from our balcony. This is worth to stay there. If I was not at this cave house,I would say Santorini is just "tourist place.
The view from balcony