Christmas on the Prado 2

San Diego, California

Christmas on the Prado 2 San Diego Reviews

sdbleve sdbleve
Dec 02, 2006
Just wanted to write an update on the Christmas on the Prado. I went last night and had an exceptional time. It was once again an excerise in gluttony as I walked around trying anything and every thing that sounded good. Italian meatball sandwich, Swedish Meatballs, some sort of rice and lamb dish. It was great. I sat down and listend to a piper from the House of Scotland as I ate my meatball sandwich. All I needed was a glass of red wine...but that was a different part of the event :) I also enjoyed a funnel cake (batter poured into hot oil, then covered in powdered sugar, strawberry and chocolate syrup...ummm yumm.

After my feeding frenzy, I wondered around the museums. I visited all my favorites for a quick walk through. The space museum, the naturual history museum, the museum of man, etc. I decided not to do the model railroad museum as it was packed...full of little kids. I also stopped in some of the museums I don't usually go into...the art musuems. The photography musuem can be ok, but last night it was a subject matter that I had no interest in as an art subject. (Illegal Immigration, I will not get into that here). Then I wondered into the art museum. The first part of the museum was dedicated to new age crap. I am sorry if that is a bit strong, but seriously...my 13 yr old has more talent drawing his pictures of dragons, castles, sailing ships, space ships, any thing. I just don't see the attraction to some of the drivel I saw. And to watch the people trying to act like it was art...please!!! But then I moved into the more traditional art. That at least I could see me hanging up on my wall at home. Oh, one other "object" that caught my eye. It was suppose to be an aluminum ladder that the artist had made into a lounge chair....I swear it looked just like one of the folding ladders you can buy at Home Depot. In fact I have one in my garage. The next time I have a hoy paloy party, I will just unfold it in my living room :)

My favorite part of the night was a group of bell ringers that was performing in the San Diego Historical Society museum. The music was so delicate and beautiful. I brought my new camera last night and was playing with it (still have a lot to learn) and took a video clip. (This camera is great! Pictures "and" video with sound! I can't see a place to upload a vid clip here, so I put it on my Myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/sdbleve
This tower cracks me up. It looks …

Check San Diego Hotel Deals