Christkindlmarkt

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Bethlehem's Christkindlmarkt Dec 03, 2009
Christkindlmarkt in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is a holiday craft festival inspired by the Christmas markets of Europe. The craft show features many individual crafters and retailers offering Christmas goods, ornaments, smokers, and nutcrackers and handcrafted items to select as Christmas decorations or presents. (Käthe Wohlfahrt, from Germany, has the largest of the retail displays.)

In addition to the craft show, there are musical performances by local musicians and ensembles, ice carving and glassblowing demonstrations, and food vendors offering holiday treats and hearty German fare.

Christkindlmarkt is a part of Bethlehem's holiday season celebration. Recommended when you are in Southeastern Pennsylvania during the Christmas holiday season.

Admission was $8.00 in 2009. (There is a $1.00 off coupon at the Christkindlmarkt web site.)
Christkindlmarkt entrance
Santa welcomes you to Christkindlm…
Christkindlmarkt vendor stalls
Christmas Tree at Christkindlmarkt
binky binky
Christkindlmarkt Jun 13, 2008
When you go to Bethlehem in December it would be almost criminal to not go to the Christkindlmarket. The Christkindlmarket is located in the downtown historic district in Bethlehem and is a big draw during the Christmas Season.

The market is full of artisans from around the country showing off their handmade goods, such as ornaments, clocks, jewelry and many other assorted goods. When you walk in you are also greeted with live holiday music and many places to sit down and grab something to snack on.

When we got to the door we were surprised to find that it cost $10 to get in. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in that. It is a place you go to buy things, that is like paying to go to Walmart or Target. We have a Christmas Marketplace in Union Square in NYC and it is free, that way people actually buy things. The fee really turned me off and I would not go again as a result of it.

It really is too bad, because it is a cute setup and a great place to bring a family to and to pick up some great unique gifts. I really wish they would rethink the price or at least lower it. They would probably get more business that way, but that is just me…
binky says:
Yes, there is. It takes a $1 off of the total so it cost $9 to get in. It really is a cute market, I just feel it would be more accessible to people if it was free or cheaper. That and peopel would probably buy more. But it really is cute and if you don't mind the price worth it.
Posted on: Dec 11, 2007
Andy99 says:
We talked about going to Christkindlmarkt, but may not make it this year. I noted there is an admission discount coupon available via their web site.
Posted on: Dec 11, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Christkindlmarkt

Christkindlmarkt in Bethlehem
Susan and I had discussed over several past holiday seasons about making a trip to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, to see the annual Christkindlmarkt. The more research we did, the more interesting thi…Bethlehem , Pennsylvania, to see the annual Christkindlmarkt . The more research we did, the more interesting things we found there were…
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - What Could Be Better?
  Life is good again!  I finally had the pleasure of visiting the great state of Pennsylvania.  Well, I had before, but my visits consisted of me driving through quickly to get to ano…Bethlehem aka Christmas City was a lot of fun and put me into the Christmas mood, as it should.   There we visited the ever popular Christkindlmarkt

Check Bethlehem Hotel Deals