Christine

24530 Hawthorne Blvd. , Torrance, CA, USA

Christine Torrance Reviews

Eric Eric
Nov 18, 2006
Cute restaurant and one of the finer dining options available in the South Bay. The decorations are upscale but also warm and friendly, which makes it feel more like a comfy neighborhood bistro rather than an exclusive eatery. There is an intimate upstairs loft area and also seating available outside under a verdant canopy.For the appetizer, we had a giant pate tower consisting of crayfish, mango, napa cabbage and some other stuff I don't remember. It was pretty delicious, but also a bit too large in portion. You could easily have split it among 4 people, and I think I was expecting something a little bit lighter.My entree, prosciutto wrapped mahi mahi, tasted exactly like it sounds like :). The meat and the fish were an odd complement, but it worked out well.For dessert, we had a crepe flambe with a fruit sauce that was just a little bit too tart for my liking, but other than that it was extremely tasty.All in all, Christine's is a good restaurant with nice ambience, excellent service, and great food. It is a bit expensive, but it is still a good place to check out if you are in the South Bay and don't want to sacrifice quality while dining close to home.
portia says:
It was one of our favorite restaurants when we lived there! I am glad it still is a good restaurant to go to.
Posted on: Nov 18, 2006