Chop Chung Wah

Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Street) Malacca, Malacca, Malaysia

Chop Chung Wah Malacca Reviews

adrianaaaron adrianaa…
Malacca's Best Chicken Rice Balls Shop Apr 14, 2013
My friends and I had our lunch here. It was my first time here, so was it for my friends from France and Italy. Three of our other friends are Malaccans. They said this coffee shop serves the best chicken rice balls in town. In Malaysia, when we say 'coffee shop', we don't necessarily mean that the shop is a coffee house as how it is in the west. It basically refers to a local Chinese restaurant that serves good foods at cheap prices!

The dish is delicious. Everyone who had their breakfast and lunch here came here to try it due to its popularity - it's the talk of the town. Choices of drinks are limited; no can drinks available but only fresh drinks like Ice Lemon tea or cold tea. A man will come over to each table to serve the drinks. Choose whatever that is available!

To savour this dish, one uses a pair of chopsticks to gently pick the chickens and rice balls. If you need a fork and a spoon, feel free to ask although this is your chance to learn how to use chopsticks (if you haven't tried using one). My friends did pretty well with their chopsticks. Awesome!

I like this place because the chickens are fresh, tasty and tender. The downside of it is its crowd. You'll have to line up, sometimes up to 30 minutes before getting seated, but trust me, it is worth the wait! The long line was probably due to the weekend! Optionally there are some other chicken rice balls restaurants that you can visit other than this one. It's just that this place is famous & strategically located.

Have fun in Malacca!
Steamed chickens
chickens and rice balls
You can order as many rice balls y…
andawayIgo says:
Congratulations to you, Adrianna!
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
vulindlela says: