Chop Chop

www.chop-chop.co.uk - 0131 221 1155

Chop Chop Edinburgh Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Chinese Restaurant in Edinburgh Sep 27, 2012
This was supposedly "The Place" to go for Chinese food in the Haymarket area of Edinburgh. So, we went to check it out one evening. First impressions - it's very noisy inside and full of people talking & dining. Generally I don't like noisy places like this, but sometimes it indicates a popular place where the food is good so I was willing to tolerate the 'chatter' noise for a good meal. Besides, sometimes it's fun to eavesdrop in such places and hear snippets of travel conversation here and there.

Honestly, I don't see what the fuss was all about. The food was ok, but not really all that great. We had some soup, dumplings, an eggplant dish and some pork ribs, which was recommended as one of their specialties. The soup was typical, the dumplings well prepared and the eggplant adequate - but nothing really special here. The ribs were a disappointment. All sticky and gooey, perhaps slightly burned or overcooked I thought.

As I looked around, it seemed a place for the enthusiastic crowd looking for Chinese food with a reputation for a good price. The good price is still there, but I have to say the reputation it had will not last long with food like that. At best it is quite average in my opinion, and in one instance (those ribs) just plain embarrassing. If you want a cheap eat in Chinese and don't expect too much, check it out, otherwise I would give it a miss and look elsewhere. There are always plenty of other Chinese places around.
Chop Chop from the street
Inside I
Inside II
Inside III
spocklogic says:
Thanks guys, I appreciate that!
Posted on: Dec 22, 2012
ccjbeachbum says:
yes hes good
Posted on: Dec 21, 2012
rsvpme says:
I generally am not much of a fan of menu reviews...:)...but I do love your write style.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2012