Cholos Homestyle Mexican II

66-250 Kamehameha Highway, Haleiwa, HI, USA
(808) 637-3059
Cholos Homestyle Mexican II - my fish taco's and stuffed deep fried pepper thingy
Cholos Homestyle Mexican II - one of the chickens running around the restaurant...there was another one that actually flew right over my head and almost hit me!

Cholos Homestyle Mexican II Haleiwa Reviews

pinchora pinchora
mexican on the north shore Jan 23, 2009
We were trying to figure out where to eat a small bite when we stumbled upon Cholos. It's a cute little restaurant with an out door dining experience or an indoor. We took a table out doors and our waiter came over to us to take our drink order. He seemed rushed and non interested...which I was sort of taken aback by it. but later on I was looking at something inside the restaurant (as I was sitting on the patio) and the water stopped and was like... what do you need? and of course I didn't need anything so he seemed a little irritated.

We were going to split something but each just ended up getting something small... and of course got some margarita's. I ended up getting the fish taco's and a passion fruit with pineapple margarita...Marie got a stuffed hot pepper and a regular margarita I think.

The food was good... the fish was a good consistency and the salsa was nice and spicy that it put a little zip in my mouth---and I like spicy stuff by the way. Marie seemed to like her stuffed peppery thing too. the margaritas were good...but seemed to have too much alcohol in them...they tasted strong and I couldn't taste the fruit flavoring.

The food experience was a good one but the wait staff could have been better... but it could have been an off day too.
my fish taco's and stuffed deep fr…
one of the chickens running around…
crystalware crystalw…
May 27, 2007
It is rather difficult to find good Mexican food on Oahu so it is my pleasure to announce CHOLOS in Haleiwa at the North Shore. Located in the North Shore Marketplace, this little place is a family-owned business and has been for more than 45 years. They have tables both inside and outside for your enjoyment while the walls are decorated in artifact-type Latin nic-nacs. The menu is rather small which is why I had to rate it good as opposed to exceptional but they have some yummy things to choose from. Of course there is fish everything but you can also get the classics like quesadillas, tacos, fajitas and enchiladas. Their drink list was rather impressive with over 20 different types of tequila to choose from and lots of beer. After all, what is Mexican without tequila and lime or a Corona? As far as prices go, this was the cheapest meal I have eaten at a sit-down restaurant on Oahu (besides fast food). Well worth the price. The service was very good with the exception of the hostess. She seemed to be very rushed with the lunch hour and in the process lost her smile and her manners while seating people.

Check Haleiwa Hotel Deals