Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm Reviews
Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm Oct 28, 2008
Winner of Wiltshire Family Attraction of the Year Award 1998 and 2000, Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm Park & Rabbit World is a popular tourist attraction set in an attractive rural area on the Wiltshire /Hampshire border. With views to Salisbury Cathedral. Offering a relaxing experience for all ages it’s lovely for the children, particularly in the summertime. Rabbit World has over 50 breeds. These rabbits are kept in little enclosures, come at the right time & you’ll see their babies. Sometimes they might come up to you & let you touch them. Some of other things which can be seen are:
Pork Stakes" Pig Races. The pigs wear little labels & run up a small racecourse, you can bet on the winner.
• Beautiful Gardens & Water Gardens: There is a pond next to the Ewe Tree Tea-rooms where peacocks like to gather for a natter. The café does snacks, lunches & cream tea’s.
• Tractor & Trailer Rides (50p)
• Adventure & Toddlers Play Areas.
• Undercover & Outdoor Picnic Areas.
• Summer holiday pony rides (you need to book)
• Souvenir Shop full of animal linked gifts with status on pigs & rabbits
• A Nature Trail through an prehistoric wood with glades & a badgers' sett.
Groups welcome with special rates for 15+ pre-booked, there’s free parking & disabled visitors are most welcome. Open from Feb 15th-2nd March for half-term 10-5pm. Wkds until full-time opening 11-4. Full-time opening from 16th March 10-6pm Last admissions £4.45.
There are many breeds of animals like:
• Norfolk Horn – Portland sheep
• Shetland – Kerry cows
• Exmoor Pony
• 18 breeds chickens,
• 3 Breeds turkeys (all in hiding at the Christmas period)
• British Lop & cross bred piglets & piggy
Stroll the beautiful water gardens, with streams & waterfalls & watch the Koi Carp swimming in clear waters. Sit & enjoy the quiet, relaxing mood. Other features contain rose gardens, relaxed gardens with water features, a walkthrough archway with clematis, roses, honeysuckle & lots more.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!