Chocolaterie Stam

230 Main Street, Ames, IA, USA
Chocolaterie Stam - orange tea and my awesome sorbet!
Chocolaterie Stam - peach mango!!!

Chocolaterie Stam Ames Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Satisfy your sweet tooth at Stams Jun 25, 2011
I love tea and I love Sorbet!!! :P

This is a chocolate and gelato cafe owned by a nice husband and wife team. Everything is fresh. They have a few dairy free sorbets to choose from. I went with the Peach Mango flavor and Oh MY GOSH!!! it was delicious! Sorbets and gelatos are made fresh every day on site.

There are a variety of hand made chocolates from the main Stam cafe in Des Moines, a selection of teas, candies, coffee and I even saw some bottles of wine.

The place was decorated in a way that reminded me of how I imagined a sweet little grandmother decorate her cafe. There was a mix matching of furniture, floral patterns and a large piano that some customers played for our enjoyment.

I think it is a great place to stop in for a cup of tea and bowl of sorbet or more. While there I notice that many people came in, it seemed to be a very popular local place.
keeweeset keeweeset
Mar 30, 2007
Oh. My. God. CHOCOLATE! This is probably the best chocolate/candy store I have been to in the States. It was so cute because they had all the decorations up for Easter, plenty of chocolate Easter bunnies (some of those were huge and expensive, but they looked oh so good!), eggs and chicks. I felt like a kid again. =) This store reminded me so much of the chocolate stores in Europe, which is not surprising since they state that the business originated in Europe, the Netherlands to be correct.

There was chocolate everywhere, on tables, shelves and the counter. They also sold liquorices and candy in glass container, just like in old-fashioned candy stores. There were also tables placed around the store, I am guessing they were also selling hot chocolate and things like that.
WonderDog says:
Scooter love Chocolate! (Granny won't Scooter chocolate)
Posted on: Sep 27, 2009
X_Drive says:
Sounds like a good place for us Chocolate lovers!
Posted on: Apr 05, 2007
keeweeset says:
You're welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it =)
Posted on: Apr 04, 2007