Chocolateria San Gines

913 65 65 46

Chocolateria San Gines Madrid Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Very best Churros in Madrid Sep 27, 2017
At the centro of Madrid,you will smell of sweet chocolate when you walk around Mayor Street near Mayor square. The smells invite you a tiny path Coloreros. It's too easy to find this Chocolateria.

The shop is at corner,looks old classic style with dark green color using points for the interior finising. They put tables and chairs along the shop wall out side also along over accross the building it doesn't mean small inside however it is huge inside. Out side table are popular I guess,luckily we got one table with fresh air.

I ordered 2 churros at the counter inside of shop. The cost is 4 euro for 1 churros including 6 churros and a cup of chocolate. It's kinda big amount. But after all we ate all... because it very much tasty. That chocolate is ritch atste though not stay long sweetness in mounth. It made us moreish,I think it's the best one in the world! Highly recommend churros.

During we are there,an old man sit down a little bit away from the shop then start playing guitar helped more nicer our experience at the shop. Atmosphere is very nice as we stay longer at comfortable situation.

If you visit to Madrid,don't miss this churros!
Churros and chocolate
Good atmosphere
Out side
Inside
Vikram Vikram
It's the stuff Madrilenos can drink, and we tourists can only dream of! Oct 21, 2012
Well well well, so we have hot chocolate all over the world, and then we have hot chocolate in Madrid! San Gines is the hallmark and the benchmark of the hot chocolate phenom in Madrid. Established in 1894 and hidden in a rather 'visible' spot away from Plaza Mayor, this is *the* place to visit to get a taste of what Madrilenos consider their comfort food.

Given the constant onslaught of tourists during daytime, kids and students during the night and scholars and early birds during the wee hours, the chocolateria is open 24 hours. Yes!

The most famous tourist "attraction" here is chocolate con churros which is basically churros (as greasy as greasy can be) served with thick chocolate sauce (that's "hot chocolate" for the Spaniards, love 'em). For less than 5E, you get 6 churros with the chocolate wihch I thought was a lot. Plus, after eating 2, you start to taste the oil and it kind of becomes a tongue sore.

But the surprising thing is its modest interiors, clockwork like staff, the line of sitting tables outside and the long, long queue of people outside, come rain or shine wanting a taste of Madrid's finest.

I loved the hot chocolate, so much that I had it about 3x here. But sadly, the churros were awful, service was a bit snobby and slow, and it was awfully crowded. The tables are so close to each other a lady's long blonde hair nearly got itself my chocolate fondue. LOL!

But all said and done, I'd thorougly recommend this. If you're thinking of visiting Madrid for the tapas, SCREW IT. This is the real deal!
Entrance to Chocolateria at 5am in…
Early morning 5a
Brightly lit at 5a
And this was the start of the queu…
rsvpme says:
Nice whimsical way to go.....
Posted on: Dec 16, 2012
HelenP says:
not sure about the curros but the place looks lovely. If they serve milky chocolate with cream and marshmellows count me in!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2012