Chitzen Itzá, Pyramid of KulKulKan

Chitzen Itzá, Pyramid of KulKulKan Chichen Itza Reviews

loripori loripori
KUKULCAN PYRAMID Jan 29, 2017
KUKULCAN PYRAMID

The Castle or KUKULCAN PYRAMID, rising 30 meters from the earth, is by far the most impressive structure of the Chichen-Itza ruins.

The numbers of its different measurements relate to digits in the Maya solar calendar - 91 steps on four sides (364) plus the platform = 365, the number of days in the year.

Monday, January 17, 2005.

Guided Tour of RUINAS CHICHEN-ITZA

Our day started off with a wake-up call at 6:00 a.m. as we were being picked up at 7:00 a.m. The bus picked up other guests at different hotels and took us to " Fiesta Plaza" where we exchanged our vouchers ($44.00 U.S. for the tour) for boarding passes and got on the bus at 8:00 a.m.

We stopped around 10:00 a.m. for a rest-stop at "El Maguey" an expensive gift & artisan shop. (1/2 hour). Arrived at Chichen-Itza at 11:30 (so about a 3 hour bus ride)

Juanito, our guide got our tickets and wrist bands ( and a $3.00 licence for our movie camera) for our group and we followed him into the ruins area.

For the first hour Juanito showed us around and explained about Chichen-Itza and finally left us on our own. We were to meet back at the bus at 3:00 p.m. so that gave us about 2 hours.

Hans managed to climb up the "Pyramid" not once but twice. The second time he brought his camera up with him. I chickened out. Too steep for me!

After getting back on the bus we finally went for lunch at 3:00 p.m. Thank goodness I brought some snacks & water with us as we were getting pretty hungry.

At the restaurant we had a lovely lunch (included) and entertainment. Drinks were extra --2 bottles of Sprite -- $5.00 U.S.

The bus driver stopped at a "cenote" for 1/2 hour. A few people went for a swim in the cenote but most of us just stayed on the bus and rested.

We arrived back at our hotel a little after 7:00 p.m. A looooong 12 hour day but soooo worth it.
Kukulcan Pyramid
The Kukulcan Krawl
Temple of the Jaguars
Cho says:
I was quite impressed with this pyramid in particular and with Chitchen Itza in general. However, all the vendors everywhere on the site spoiled the atmosphere somewhat. For your info, they don't allow people to climb up there anymore (we were there in March 2016). The cenote was ok but too many swimmers so we just walked on the grounds of the park.
Posted on: Jan 29, 2017
82Emma 82Emma
One of the 7 wonders of the world May 29, 2012
Wanted to Visit hear as soon as I read about it online before I flew out.

I literally drank suncream on the visit and went through so much water but the visit was great. To see the Maya prophecy with the markings carved in the walls and if you are into history to know learn about the place was interesting.

The only down fall was the fact you couldnt climb it anymore as people were ruining it at the top and you couldnt go inside as things were being stolen-some people have to spoil it for everyone.

After this went to a lovely cave with clear water and one way to get into the pool was jump! I was boiling at 40 degrees the water was 19, was worth it though and was heaven.

would definitly reccommend this trip to anyone visiting mexico
Nair2011 Nair2011
One of the seven world wonders May 28, 2011
Chichen Itza, One of the new seven world wonders, is located in Yucatan state of Mexico. 2.5 hours drive from Cancun and must see attraction whenever we visit Cancun, Mexico.

Chihen Itza pyramid is built in such a way that March 20/21 and September 22/23 each year sun rays will fall while sunset in Serpent shape on the steps of the Kukulcán pyramid. Also if you stand opposite to the steps and clap, same will be echoed in the Mayan bird sound.

Chichen Itza complex also have a Mayan ball game ground, Thousand warrior temple, A underground river, Cenote, A cave where they use to bury the dead and some other ruins.

Light and sound show will happen on all Wednesdays in this complex too.. Chichen Itza is the place where my intrest to learn more about Mayan culture and Intelligence started..
Sign
Pyramid
Pyramid
Ball Court
Jevil91 Jevil91
Historical Ruins Jun 01, 2010
Amazing thing to see at least once in your life. Standing at the foot of the pyramid leaves you feeling amazed. I got here early in the morning so there wasn't many people there yet and I got to take good pictures without too many tourists in the way. Which by the way regardless of what language you speak you will probably find a guide that speaks your language. The vendors and their art is something great to have there because you can buy and take really nice souvenirs at great prices. Prices are not set in stone so you might be able to get things for less. Also if you speak Spanish vendors will give you better rates. Lol!
timtang timtang
Chichen Itzá, Pyramid of KulKulKan Jun 25, 2009
I went there before it became one of the "7 world wonders"

It's not possible any more to go up, but still great!

Check Chichen Itza Hotel Deals