Chittana Guesthouse

Check Luang Prabang Hotel Deals

Chittana Guesthouse Luang Prabang Reviews

sshaunaa sshaunaa
Great location but better budget accommodations are available Feb 09, 2010
I stayed at this guesthouse for one night on February 9, 2010. I stayed here because it was recommended by Lonely Planet with room rates of 40,000 to 80,000 kip per night with a shared bathroom.

Positives:

- located in the tourist area, just a few steps off the main street on the quiet end and is inexpensive by the neighbourhood's standards.

- the room was clean

Negatives:

- my room with shared bathroom was 80,000 per night. For just 20,000 kip more (less than $3) I could get a room with my own bathroom elsewhere

- the shared bathroom was disgusting. The toilet lid was laying on the floor and the only way to flush the toilet was to put your hand in the toilet's tank and manually flush it with one of the levers. The entire bathroom was grungy

- the owner makes you take off your shoes and when I went to bring them inside to use them in the bathroom because the floor was wet and dirty, he told me I was not allowed

- the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've had in SE Asia to date.

- I was told not to leave my belongings near the window (I was on a first floor room) because there were thefts in the area. The bed was against the wall with the windows. He said they had not had thefts but it was a precaution.

In saying that, there were rooms available for 100,000 kip and 120,000 kip that had their own bathrooms. The private bathrooms did look much nicer than the shared bathroom.
share bathroom
The front of the guesthouse

Check Luang Prabang Hotel Deals