Chipotle Mexican Grill

(864) 234-6460

Chipotle Mexican Grill Greenville Reviews

sydneyw5 sydneyw5
All natural, local ingredients--fast, fun and delicious Mar 26, 2009
All the talk in Greenville lately—at least I have found myself involved in several conversations—surround the newly opened Chipotle Mexican Grill off Woodruff Road. People who have been “forced” to make Moe’s and Salsarita’s suffice are all bursting with joy that Greenville has finally seen the light. Now this article is not to say one of the three mentioned restaurants is better than the other. That is very simply up to personal taste, but I would like to shed some light on why maybe the addition of Chipotle into the mix is causing such a stir.

We can always blame the excitement on the “newness” factor. It’s new, it’s different. Enough said. We can also explain it by all the “transplants” from other parts of the country. My mid-western coworker was astonished to move to Greenville and realize her weekly treat to herself didn’t exist in the eyes of the South. Personally, I can find bits and pieces of each restaurant that I like better than the others. Of course, I grew up in the Charlotte, NC area where Qdoba, home of the naked burrito, is king. And as much as they are all the same, they are all different.

And just because I know you’re now asking yourself what I prefer, here’s my answer: I like Salsarita’s chips because they’re seasoned. I like Moe’s quesadillas and that fact that I can get mushrooms on them. Moe’s menu can be a bit overwhelming with its creativity—I just want a taco dude. But apparently you have to try the “Homewrecker.” Yet, I do have to admit that I like Chipotle best overall just because of the all-natural, health conscience attitude it adopts, plus the lack of grease. But Chipotle has my least favorite salsas. Basically, I love this Americanized Mexican cuisine and where I stop depends on which side of the street I’m shopping on.

My suggestion is to try them all—and go through their menus. Find out what your perfect combination would be for yourself. Because it’s your taste buds you ultimately have to please.
the famous Chipotle burrito