Chinese Foot Massage, It Sure Feels... Mighty Fine!

Qianjiang Hot Spring Hotel, Fengshun, China

Chinese Foot Massage, It Sure Feels... Mighty Fine! Fengshun Reviews

travelman727 travelma…
It Sure Feels... MIGHTY FINE! Mar 25, 2007
CHINESE FOOT MASSAGE

Practitioners of Chinese foot massage say that each spot in the sole of a foot corresponds to an internal organ in the body. All I know is that it sure feels mighty fine!

At Qianjiang Hot Spring Hotel in Fengshun, our one-hour messages began with a relaxing foot bath in a wooden barrel filled with hot water infused with tea and herbal medicine (all that was missing was my rubber duck).

While our feet were soaking, they brought us cups of green tea and gave us five minute therapeutic wrist, arm, neck and backrubs to ease the stress of the day... aaaah!

After our feet were refreshed, each masseur or masseuse spread a thick layer of lotion on our feet and calves. Then, they rubbed and kneaded every inch of our soles... ooooh!

Chinese foot devotees suggest that there are 62 reflection points on the soles of the feet. Each spot corresponds to an internal organ in the body. They claim that applying pressure on the points helps cure existing health problems and prevents future illness. All I know is that it sure feels mighty fine!

Our massages concluded with rigorous rubbing of the calves, knees and thighs. I really don't know why they do this; all I know is that it sure feels mighty fine!

The cost for each one-hour massage at our hotel was about 35 Yuan (under $5 US). We also tipped each masseur and masseuse 25 Yuan. I have had several foot massages and have always been able to bargain for $10 US or less.

A Chinese foot massage alleges to treat your tired body and reestablish your body balance. All I know is that it sure feels (let's all say it together)... MIGHTY FINE! :-D
Steve says-What a way to end a day!
Deb says-It sure feels MIGHTY FINE
Ooooh... Aaaah... This is the life
spicyricecake says:
Hm...might go for one of these in China when I go this time, hopefully they have them for cheap in bigger cities as well
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011
dahling says:
Reflexology is what it is called in the Western World - but somebody had it patented. however, I have never seen it for under 5dollars - awesome...
Posted on: Jul 22, 2011
shirlan says:
Haha, I had someone massage my feet and calves. They kept looking at me very strangely as I have sensitive feet, therefore everytime they touched my feet, I jumped! Sounds good in theory but didn't work for me :)
Posted on: Jul 12, 2011