Chinese Box International Hostel

Check Beijing Hotel Deals

Chinese Box International Hostel Beijing Reviews

emmafa emmafa
Super friendly staff in a tipical beijinger street Aug 11, 2011
I've been here in January for two weeks and I really felt at home, what it could be difficult for somebody like me who travels alone for the first time in China, without knowing a word of chinese. I slept in the 4bed dorm. Beds were clean and confortable, rooms are tiny but silent, and there is a big common room so I guess people spend the time there and there's no risk of being waken up. Shower and toilets were really clean and hot, breakfast was also good and the atmosphere it's really cosy. If you're allergic to cats don't go there because there are at least 5 cats living in the hostel, but apart from this I had an amazing stay, I knew lots of people and had a good time, also if I was on my own - in the common room you can watch movies or read a book on confortable sofa.

The subway was a little bit far away but not so far, about 10 min by walk but it's worth because the hostel is in a typical beijinger street, so you can see also a place that's not so plenty of tourists but that is safe too (also for lonely woman! I came back on the night and I never felt on danger). Staff was also friendly, they helped me with a lot of things and as I left I felt sad, because I felt really like at a second home. So I would definitely recommend this place.
gdnimrod gdnimrod
Great, not even too cramped! May 12, 2011
Stayed here last year in a 4 person room with 2 other friends. Rooms were, well, quite roomy. AC worked great, reception staff very nice, and breakfast (can't remember if it was free) = KEY!

Taxis are dirt cheap in China so no worries if its a bit outside the city.

Would definitely recommend this place.

Oh ya and some cats were roaming around. No biggy though, theyre quite nice. "Caturday".
domnicella domnicel…
Warm, Friendly Hostel in Beijing Nov 05, 2009
The Chinese Box is terrific. It's run by a wonderful family, who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Breakfast is included, which is a huge perk. The rooms are pretty standard, but the common areas are really great. Free internet, hundreds of dvds, good food, and a great place to meet people. Very pleased with my stay here, even extended it by a few days. Would absolutely recommend.

Check Beijing Hotel Deals