Chinatown

Singapore, Singapore

Chinatown Singapore Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Chinatown Feb 21, 2013
Chinatown is interesting place to visit in Singapore because most of the Singaporeans have ties with China and that culture is visible everywhere you turn. This part of the town is easily walkable and there are many interesting temples, markets and shops you can visit. I still think that Chinatown food centers have some of the best tasting food in the city, and also that variety and quality is simply great.

I was in this area during the Chinese New Year but I would not repeat that visit because it was very boring event. There were some ornamental decorations around but much less that I expected from the serious event and also they could not really use fireworks because of some city ordinance. Most of the buildings here are shopping malls and goods are pretty cheap if you haggle well.
adrianaaaron adrianaa…
Great place to shop for souvenirs Mar 21, 2013
I like the Chinatown in Singapore - it's great and there are a lot to buy here such as souvenirs and electronic goods. I got myself some souvenirs and mobile phone charger at reasonable prices. A friend of mine on the other hand got herself a small speaker/radio. We were satisfied with what we bought. The street sellers were also very friendly. I think the souvenirs are pretty cheap - I got 6 kitchen magnets for SGD10 only. I am not sure if this is considered cheap to most travellers, but I thought this was a good price. Overall, I enjoyed shopping here. Anyway, there is a small Coins & Notes Museum here as well as Indian temple and mosque. Budget hotels are also around the corner; do survey for hotel rates while you're there as they are pretty affordable compared to some other locations.
Coins & Notes Museum