China Town

China Town Bangkok Reviews

newtampo newtampo
Having a wonderful dining experience in China Town Sep 15, 2008
Nhi Hao!!

Everytime I think about food, one of my favorite places to fill my stomache is China Town.

Yaowarat or China town starts from the China Gate to the main road. It's an another shopping area, chinese food, souvenirs, gold shops, forgotten temples, exotic markets where you can find food, souvenirs, gold shops, ect.

China town was started since Ratanakosin period. It's almost 300 years ago. You'll still see the old buildings, architecture even might stop your eyes at 7-11 (minimart) but you still smell the Chinese traditional all around. I go there since I was in the university with my gang. After class, go to China town. I think it could be about a hundred times in these 15 years.

During the day is good for shopping as there are not too many people but the restaurants are not open yet. If you want to buy gold (as gold is worth than money ;)) , buy it there. Gold shops are still very popular in China Town. They can be found almost everywhere. In every small alley between Yaowarat Road and the Chao Praya Rive are full of market stalls and small shops that sell almost everything - tea sets, hardware, vegetables, hair accessories, cloths, etc. But shopping in China Town is different from the mall. The area will be crowded with porters, customer, street food, small shops but you'll love this mess! ;)

If just to eat, after 5 o'clock, they're full of street food for you to choose. Seafood is recommended.

There are two seafood restaurants that you can see on the main road. The waiters and waitress of the first one wear green T-shirt. The second wears red. I tried both. But the red one is more delicious as it's fresh, clean and big size. If you don't like seafood, there're many kind of food for you to choose from Thai to Chinese. I'm sure if you walk along the road, for food lover - you'll get 1-2 kilos more.

Besides shopping and eating time, you'll find Chinese temples, traditional Chinese medicine shops, Taoist places also. Good to visit, no matter you're Buddhist, Toaist or whatever or nothing, have a look, take a picture that's worth it!
China town after the rain
We ordered 3, no 4!
Ta dammmm! :D (MY head is big like…
Stir fried yellow curry paste with…
stabber911 says:
Have you been to Yaowarat after midnight!!! Also good food there.. yummy (especially after drinking). I never really go there in the day time.. Traffic and Parking space.
Posted on: Dec 04, 2008
sabzero sabzero
Great shopping market Jan 28, 2008
The famous Chinatown in Bangkok is a big, crazy market where you can (nearly) find everything.

The prizes are really cheap (depends of course what you buy) and at Chinatown there are always a lot of people (tourists, chinese and thai people) coming and going ... so there is always a lot going on!

If you are interested in chinese culture, old asian markets, chinese medicine shops and traditional chinese restaurants CHINATOWN is your place! :-)

There are also a lot of streetrestaurants and chinese restaurants with delicious thai and chinese food!

Attention:

Always try to ask for a cheaper price!

Not everybody speaks english!

Be careful with your portemonnaie!

Related Travel Blogs About China Town

Experiencing Bangkok (Part 1)
Having been well-traveled domestically did not prepare me for a four days vacation tour in one of South East Asia’s emerging tourism destinations to date: Bangkok, Thailand. The trip has been plan…Bangkok ’s China Town which is considered as the largest in the world (what happened to China ’s China town
Bangkok to Chiang Mai train trip
I know many people will regard it as a crazy idea but I went rollerblading through Bangkok! Its certainly has to be one of the most exciting things that I've ever done from a thrill-seeking point of…China Town in Bangkok. Definitely at your own risk and definitely only for expert street skaters. I'll add a youtube…
Bangkok
Having only had about a 4 or 5 hour sleep on the Plane, I arrived in Bangkok. The airport was pretty impressive and I managed immigration and collected my baggage pretty ok.  I was a little…China Town in Bangkok which was pretty busy and pretty impressive. I meandered through the narrow streets and all of the street…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals