China Tibet Tashi Delek International Travel
No.52west Dang Re Road 33-1, Tibet Lhasa Jokhang, China
www.tashidelekk.com/index.php - 0891 6813882 | 6815881
China Tibet Tashi Delek International Travel Tibet Lhasa Jokhang Reviews
China Tibet Tashi Delek International Travel experience Oct 12, 2011
I've book my 8 day overland adventure in Tibet with one way trans Himalayan breathtaking flight(Drive in / Fly-out or vice versa) tour via a travel agent in Kathmandu, Nepal.
This turn out to be my worse paid tour holiday experience. Maybe because it's a overland adventure which mean I should have lousy/lower service?
Below is the experience with China Tibet Tashi Delek International Travel:
1. Waiting time was 6 hours at the Nepal-Tibet boarder. There wasn't any communication between the Tibet agent( Tashi Delek International Travel) with the other Nepal agents. The Tibet agent didn't approach our group as they are expecting a group of 7 while we were only a group of five( the other 2 was a no show).
2. During the overland drive from Tibet border to Lhasa, the driver and guide is the same person. He claimed to have 10+ years of experience working as a guide. We find the guide wasn't well verse with the history/information on place visited and his English needs improvement.
3. The tour is badly managed. In the itinerary, it was stated Two full day sight-seeing tour to Lhasa(transport and entrance fees included). Since arriving in Lhasa, we don't have a driver assigned to our group. We were told to take public tricycle, bus and taxi to get to some of the sight-seeing destination and we had to pay for the taxi.
4. On one occasion, after visiting Drepung Monasteries we had to take 2 taxi and got separated as one of the taxi don't know where to go to. Instead we asked the taxi to drop us near the hotel. After waiting for the others and guide for 2 hours, we decided to go the next destination(Sera Monasteries) via taxi. We paid for the taxi ride from Drepung Monasteries and to Sera Monasteries.
5. We paid the entrance fee for Sera Monasteries which the agent later paid us back. We meet the other missing people from our group. But then guide wasn't there, the guide send a friend of his who can't speak proper English and wasn't a guide. After the visit to Sera Monasteries, we were told to take a public bus back to the city center. We told the guide friend that we shouldn't take a bus and we should take taxi instead. There was no taxi and we had to walk about 45minutes to an hour while flagging down any taxi along the way.
6. While on the way to the airport leaving Tibet, we wanted to provide feedback to the driver regarding their company service and where they can improve. The driver wouldn't take any negative feedback/comments as he took it personally that we are complaining about him. The driver said we can't compare the tours of Europe and Tibet. This is how they do things here. Then the driver stopped the van and we were told to get off the van if we don't like their service.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!