China In n Cafe

Thalang Road, Phuket, Thailand
China In n Cafe - The interior of the cafe.
China In n Cafe - The diding area in the terrace behind.
China In n Cafe - Entrance from Thalang Road.
China In n Cafe - Tom Yam soup.
China In n Cafe - Seafood salad.
China In n Cafe - Green curry.

China In n Cafe Phuket Reviews

borneoboy borneoboy
China Inn Cafe Nov 26, 2010
I've read so much about China Inn Cafe & Restaurant before I went to Phuket that it was right on the top of my "must-go" list. I went there for lunch on my first day, not long after I touched down. The cafe is located on Thalang Road, one of the most popular old streets in Phuket Town. Naturally it is in an old shophouse.

The old building has been very nicely restored. I read that the restaurant is run by a husband and wife team, but didn't get to meet them. At the front just after you enter is a gallery selling Asian artifacts. There are some nice collections here. In the middle there is a light-well like in typical old shophouses, and next to it is the cafe. The dining area is at the back, just before the kitchen which is in a separate out-building. The al fresco dining area faces a small garden. It is really nice and cozy.

The menu offers traditional Thai dishes and some eclectic Western dishes. Since I was in Thailand, I decided to go for Thai. I ordered a Prawn and Green Mango Salad, Green Curry and Tom Yum Soup - you could say these are the triumvirate of Thai cuisine.

The food at China Inn Cafe is very good. Pricing is on the high side, but you do have to pay for quality. I would highly recommend that you give it a try.
The interior of the cafe.
The diding area in the terrace beh…
Entrance from Thalang Road.
Tom Yam soup.