China Clipper @ The Peninsula

Salisbury Road

China Clipper @ The Peninsula Reviews

minx2812 minx2812
WOW.... May 18, 2008
Wow, what can I say! I'll have to add my photos to this later but, I had to wwrite this down now. I have just been on an amazing tour over Hong Kong in the China Clipper! This 15 minute tour allows only 4 passengers on the flight around the island of Hong Kong at any one time.

You begin at the Peninsula Hotel (one of the most exclusive in Hong Kong) The cars parked outside were nice enough!, and have to go up 27 floors in the general lift,(might I add you have to be escorted the whole time) You are then led to an exclusive entrance and another lift which takes you up 4 more floors to the roof. Here are given a briefing to listen to before being led up to the waiting Helicopter. Briefings are normally so boring, but when your about to go on a helicopter, which normally has only 1 exit, you do pay attention! With ear muffs and camera at the ready we take of and headed west over Victoria Harbour, seeing everything from a different view! Flying around the Island you can take in Victoria Peak, Repulse Bay, Aberdeen Harbour and the Jumbo (Asia's largest floating resturant) aswell as many spectacular views of the surrounding Islands and shipping lanes. We followed this all the way round to the old airport! (I'm so relieved to know its no longer being used!) I'm sure myself personally would struggle to throw something onto the runway, let alone land a plane on it! Our pilot, Grant (canadian) said he had the priviledge of landing a plane there before it closed. He advised it's one of the most memorable things hes ever done! He was fantastic, telling us about hot spots and things to do, places to see. Defiantly handy to have around!

I could write and write about this review and will rave about it when I get home but i'm glad it's part of my competition prize, because at HKD$6,600 its defiantly expensive! But sooo worth it and defiantly something to do at the beginning of your trip! It provides fun and useful information for finding your feet on the ground to know where to go! A must for all noobies to Hong Kong, me included!
Hong Kong Map