China Chili

(510) 791-1688

China Chili Fremont Reviews

RacquelT127 RacquelT…
Dec 12, 2007
China Chili voted and listed in the Argus Newspaper as 2006 Best of the Tri-cities Restaurant Best Overall. I went here for lunch with co-workers for one of their birthday celebrations today.

I already had a pre-disposition about this place. Two other co-workers (who did end up coming along with us) had bad remarks about this restaurant.. more they were suggesting that there are definitely better restaurants out there and they didn't care much for China Chili, so they started naming a few (which I hope to visit in the future to check our for myself).

We all went in separate cars because each car had different people to wait for before leaving the office. My group arrived first. My very nice and sweet co-worker took the liberty of speaking with the hostess at the front to let her know what party we were from to check and see if they had our table ready..and the woman sort of snapped at her. Quite rude I think, I did not appreciate that at all, the woman seemed to be rushing the conversation and not seem to care what she had to say. But I just kept that to myself and didn't want to make a big deal out of it unless my sweet co-worker would bring it up (she didn't).

The rest of the group arrived and we all ordered. We ordered lunch specials that came with the main dish entree, rice (fried or white, we had both), hot and sour soup, and an egg roll. Our soup came first and then our egg rolls. They tasted pretty good, I'm not a very big fan of hot and sour soup but I actually didn't mind this one, it was very tasty. The egg roll was okay, I think there are better ones out there. Our waiters took care of our waters, making sure we never ran out. Slowly but surely our orders started to trickle onto our table. Mine was last to arrive, (I ordered beef with brocoli) which didn't make me too happy because out of everyone there I might be the slowest eater. =( But it was okay I just barely talked to everyone, because that was going to make me eat even slower. I'm very big on chit chatting so I refrained this time since we were getting pressed for time.

Soup was appetizing, egg roll was okay, beef and brocoli was exquisite, it was pretty saucy which goes great topping a little over rice, and water was thirst-quenching. I would recommend this restaurant good and cheap chinese food, but questionable service (quite rude actually). But overall A-okay!!
menu pic