Chimichanga

+44 131 225 9205

Chimichanga Edinburgh Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Tex Mex in Scotland May 07, 2017
I love Tex Mex. It's probably my favorite food. I do understand that it's not authentic Mexican food and that's ok with me. It's not that I don't enjoy authentic Mexican food...I really, really do. But Tex Mex is something I could eat probably every single day and never get tired of it. That being said, the food from Chimichanga was not particularly very appetizing.

I had walked around for what seemed like hours trying to find a place to eat. I mostly kept running into Indian restaurants or a place to get fish and chips. I wanted something different and in the month I had been in Europe I had virtually no luck finding Mexican food. Apparently it's not a cuisine that's particularly popular over there. We have tons of them in the U.S. And it makes me very happy. Eventually I spotted Chimichanga so I naturally decided to go there. The restaurant was not terribly busy but somehow the service was still fairly slow.

I ordered the pulled pork nachos. Somehow I missed the part on the menu that indicated it was barbecue pulled pork. Ok, barbecue and Tex Mex are two things that just don't go together in my opinion. To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of barbecue at all. I'll usually have it about once a year and then immediately remember why I never order barbecue.

It's not that the food was bad. It wasn't. It just wasn't really appealing to me. I would give it another chance. I just wouldn't order the same thing again.

The waitress didn't really seem all that friendly or attentive when I first arrived but she improved significantly for the rest of my visit.

I wouldn't rush to go back. But if I was starving and nothing else was open...I'd probably give it another go.

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals