Chillicothe Inn

Chillicothe Inn Rates and Deals

Chillicothe Inn Reviews

diisha392 diisha392
You Get What You Pay For Mar 29, 2016
I wanted somewhere cheap to stay just for an overnight between my two days of traveling in mid-south Ohio. I booked through Hotels.com but had to read the Tripadvisor reviews. They were mixed, either pretty good or would-not-stay-here. I was a little hesitant on how nice the room might be but my main priority as a single traveler is safety and none of the reviews mentioned that as a concern so I went ahead and booked it.

Chillicothe Inn was a safe place to stay for the night although the door had an actual key and did not automatically lock behind me when I left the room. The majority of the rooms are off the inside hallways, some upstairs, some down. However, about ten rooms are accessed off the parking lot; I think these rooms were given to workers who were staying a longer amount of time in the area.

The hotel is on the main road that cuts through town so you drive past a lot of eating and shopping options on your way (nice for later when you want to go out to eat since the inn does not have any eateries of its own--by the way I only use the term inn since that is in the name, I personally would say motel. There is a McDonald's next door). It was easy to locate especially since I don't have a GPS.

The clerk who checked me in was friendly. I was a little surprised when he handed me the TV remote to my room! The next morning when I checked out (yes, had to do that in person), the new clerk was still friendly but had an accent that was a bit hard to understand.

The lobby had a microwave and a table or two but was not really somewhere to hang out. No breakfast in the morning.

My room was definitely small and overlooked the parking lot so there was some noise from the street. The curtains were good at blocking the light though. There were at least four outlets that were easily accessible for charging my electronics although one of the outlets was dead. The lighting was decent. I appreciated that there was a switch next to the bed for those lights so I could read before sleep and then just turn them off without getting up.

There was free wifi but I had to go back down to the front desk and ask about it, nothing in the room gave me the name of the network or the password. I did get bumped off once or twice but was able to easily log back in.

TV was decent. I did notice that the cable came out of a different wall and ran under the carpet, leaving a little ridge.

Very small closet area (not really a closet).

The bathroom was not that great. It felt older. The shower had good water pressure but the drain did not have a cover which bothers me. The sink had only a little bit of space to put my stuff but the bigger problem was its water pressure: turn the water on more than a tiny bit and it sprayed! The paint in the bathroom also had chips in spots.

Only one trash can for the whole room.

There was an odor in the hotel, not necessarily unpleasant but definitely not just plain air although my nose adjusted after a bit.

Chillicothe Inn met my needs for one night. However, if I was traveling with someone else, I would opt for a slightly more expensive option up the road.
from the door
bathroom
towards the TV
desk

Chillicothe Inn Overview

You will enjoy your stay at the Chillicothe Inn. We are located in downtown Chillicothe, Ohio. We've been a landmark in Chillicothe since 1987, located in the heart of scenic, historic Chillicothe......Ohio's first capital. Our motel is within short distance of all popular restaurants and shopping complex. The staff at the Chillicothe Inn takes pride in providing friendly and reliable service to customers, in a comfortable atmosphere to make your stay enjoyable. Come stay with us today and see for yourself! This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

Chillicothe Inn Amenities

• Microwave
  • TV
  • Photocopier
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Ice Machine
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Chillicothe Inn

Aloha!!!!!!!!!
Well... Yesterday we got up at 5am.  Car took us the the airport and we took off for Hawai'i.  The flight was a little delayed, but we finally made it.  My mom and dad were at the air…waitress at Minard's Spaghetti Inn, Hopewell Cultural Center in Chillicothe Ohio, Carolyn Rattcliffe, Alex and finally Rand McNally. …

Check Chillicothe Inn Rates and Deals