Chilli Lounge

70 John William Street, Huddersfield, United Kingdom

Chilli Lounge Huddersfield Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Delicious food in Yorkshire, England Jul 03, 2012
For many months I'd heard great things about Chilli Lounge in Huddersfield, as well as often spotting the 'Restaurant of the Year 2010' banner proudly hung above the entrance whenever I have walked past. I finally got the chance to go for a friend's birthday meal, and it did not disappoint!

The interior of the restaurant was very clean, warm, inviting and relaxed. The staff were friendly & helpful but did not hover around us & allowed us to enjoy our meal whilst providing great service.

Drinks were served quickly & the food was served after an acceptable wait. Out of our party of seven, everybody loved the food! The only downside I think was that we ordered a bit too much in the way of naans and rice (eyes bigger than our bellies obviously)!

I had a generous portion of lamb tikka (£2.75) served with salad to start, the meat was very chewy but absolutely delicious. The restaurant specialises in their own recipes, so whilst my friends opted for the tried & tested kormas, jalfrezis etc., I dared to be a bit more adventurous. I really wanted to try one of the many specialised venison or ostrich curries although they were a little out of my price range on the night. I opted for a Bengal fish curry 'Machli Sallom' (£6.95), as I usually go for chicken or lamb. I have to say it was one of the nicest curries I've ever had the pleasure of eating. It was quite spicy, which I am all about, made with a variety of special Bangladesh herbs and spices. Sadly there was no room for pudding!

I was surprised at how cheap the food actually was given the incredible standard, so it is definitely great value for money. I paid about £18 for my starter, main, a drink, a couple of sundries and a tip. I rated the cost as 'average' as I thought it was a modest amount to pay for such good food.

I would 100% recommend this restaurant to anybody wishing to eat out for a meal in Yorkshire or the surrounding area. The saying goes that curry is the new dish of England and there's no better place to find one than in the North! Chilli Lounge gets a 10 out of 10 from me =)
In Chilli Lounge, Huddersfield.

Check Huddersfield Hotel Deals