Chilled Out Thai

(02) 9344 7890

Chilled Out Thai Maroubra Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Good atmosphere and lovely staff Oct 03, 2011
Chilled Out Thai is located in one of the main streets of Maroubra Junction, and right next door to another Thai restaurant, so they have a bit of competition on their hands.

The restaurant is small but very modern. Decor is great with wooden furniture, comfy cushions on the chairs, and mood lighting from the decorative ceiling fixtures, but does not look Thai themed.

The menu is purely Thai cuisine. We ordered several mains and decided to share - all dishes were presented well and were all very delicious, although they didn't taste like authentic Thai meals (maybe I judge too hard as I live in Bangkok). Very generous portions and tasted like all fresh ingredients. They allow BYO but charge a corkage fee of $2 per person.

Staff were very friendly, although took a little while for them to notice we were ready to order, and then kept re-filling our wine glasses without asking - annoyed me as I was driving and wanted to keep an eye on how much I was drinking. They also kept refilling out water glasses which was good, and spoke excellent English.

Place seemed to fill up quick around 7pm on a weeknight, so you might need to book in advance. Will definitely be going back next time I need my fix of Thai.
@ chilled out thai maroubra

Compare Sydney Hotel Rates (7.6km away)

Chilled Out Thai  Map