Chili Padi Restaurant

Plaza Semanggi 1st Floor, Jakarta, Indonesia
Chili Padi Restaurant - I am busy =)
Chili Padi Restaurant - Nasi Goreng Belacan
Chili Padi Restaurant - My food: Kwe Tiau Goreng (fried Kwe Tiau)
Chili Padi Restaurant - My food: Kwe Tiau Goreng (fried Kwe Tiau)
Chili Padi Restaurant - Mie Goreng Mamak
Chili Padi Restaurant - The restaurant

Chili Padi Restaurant Jakarta Reviews

Acy_jkt Acy_jkt
A Good Taste of Malaysian Food Sep 19, 2009
Chili Padi is a Malaysian Restaurant which is located in Plaza Semanggi and Pondok Indah Mall Jakarta. The one in Plaza Semanggi is still new and offers special 20% discount for the food.

The place is cozy, good to have lunch with business partners or just with friends. The food is good also with a large portion (for me at least! :D). I had their Kwe Tiau Goreng (fried Kwe Tiau) with ice tea. My friends had Nasi Goreng Belacan (Belacan Fried Rice) and their Chef recommended food: Mie Goreng Mamak (Mom's Fried Noodle).

Overall, the place, the food and the service is good and with 20% discount it's a good deal :) We spent IDR 95,000 (less than USD 10) for all included ice tea (3 persons). And they got an award for one of the recommended place to eat in Jakarta.
The restaurant
My food: Kwe Tiau Goreng (fried Kw…
Nasi Goreng Belacan
tukangicip says:
I just went to Plaza Semanggi a couple weeks ago. Apparently, Chili Padi restaurant does no longer exist. It was closed since March or April 2010.

However, I noticed there is a new restaurant, Kedai Hulubalang (Plaza Semanggi Lt. 3A Unit 11-12A) which offers similar, very tasty, excellent quality food, at a much lower cost than Chili Padi!!

Most of my favorite dishes, such as Mango Chicken, Special Nyonya Chicken, Crispy Oatmeal Butter Prawn, Fried Marble Fish with Salty Soya Sauce, and also Crispy Kangkong can be found here!! Mouth-watering deserts, such as Ice Kachang, Penang Chendol, and Chengteng were great choices to end your meal.

In addition, Kedai Hulubalang also offers very special dining deal for two (Hulubalang Duo) or for four (Hulubalang Empat), which costs only about Rp 25,000 - Rp 27,500 per pax for a set meal including drinks. Very good bargain!!

So, Chili Padi fans, I advise you to try Kedai Hulubalang to satisfy your Malay food appetite!
Posted on: Aug 08, 2010