Chili Garden

(408) 526-9888

Chili Garden Milpitas Reviews

RacquelT127 RacquelT…
Jan 21, 2008
A few friends and I went to eat here after a long day of shopping. Right from the start I was not sure what kind of experience I was going to have.

First of all, it was crowded and I'm sure way past max capacity. All the tables were so close together everywhere you turn someone can literally be right in your face. I don't even want to mention how many times my chair got bumped. By fellow restaurant customers, or by the waiter or waitress.

We decided what we wanted to order. We ordered, which was also a challenge. My friend listed the order one by one to the waiter. Everything seemed fine till we mentioned Chicken with Walnuts. It took awhile to get our point across. He first did not understand, which we figured the reason was because of the large amount of background noise. Then we said "do you have Chicken with Walnuts?" he said "No." then we showed him on the menu and he said "Chicken with walnuts, okay."

So our order was in, we all took our turn to use the wash room. When I got back my friend switched and made her way to the restroom. Probably a minute and a half after she walked away a waitress came to our table picked up my friends purse and said "No one sitting here?" and we told "yes someone is sitting there." I think before touching anyone else's belongings a customer friendly greeting should be expressed first. Unfortunately, this time it did not.

Very slowly but surely our food was brought to our table. Our soup was one of the last dishes to be brought out, which we found weird because most of the time at a Chinese restaurant the soup is usually out first. We were anticipating the arrival of the Chicken with Walnut dish that took a bit of time to order. We ate and ate since we were absolutely famished from all the walking around and shopping. We even came to a point in our meal where we needed to order another plate of rice. When we emptied that first plate of rice, we still had not received our Chicken with walnuts. Not having that to eat made us want it even more. So, I'm sad to say we never received it.

As a group we discussed briefly how we thought our meal could have been improved. One, have all our food prepared, delivered, and consumed. It would be a big help to hire more staff (granted there may have been a waiter or waitress out sick or whatnot, but there should always be a back up). They should also have a decent amount of tables, it shouldn't be ridiculously overcrowded. No matter what the food is, I believe everyone deserves to enjoy their meal in peace, without having to worry about our chairs getting bumped into, have all of the ordered food brought to the table, and have our waters refilled as needed (or at least be readily available to ask for a refill). It was okay food, I think I can get better food and better service at a different restaurant.
Bellarena says:
It was actually Walnut Prawns that the waiter didn't understand, they just completely forgot that we ordered the Chicken with Walnuts!
Posted on: Jan 22, 2008