Chikie's and Pete's

1526 Packer Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, USA

Chikie's and Pete's Philadelphia Reviews

lulusartshack lulusart…
not worth the trip May 31, 2008
Me and a friend drove out to the one in the stadium district to meet up with her sister and have some dinner and drinks. Totally not worth the drive and the hassle!

First off, the place was SO loud! Yeah, it's a sports bar, but we were sitting right next to each other and had to yell to have a conversation. The only reason we stayed to eat was because we had been stuck in traffic for so long and we were all starving by the time we got there.

Our waitress was outright rude as well. I don't expect servers to be nice, but this girl rolled her eyes at everything we ordered, threw down our food and drinks, and when we finally tore her away from an in depth chat to order a 2nd beer, threw us the check saying "you don't want anything else, do you?"

Loudness and rude waitress would all be forgiven if the food was good... but it was just ok. We ordered a couple of baskets of the "World Famous Crabfries," and it made me wonder where the "crab" part comes in. The fries were super salty, the cheese-sauce was pretty good. Both my friend and her sis ordered the chicken parm sandwich, both said it was "just ok." I ordered the "Magooby" sandwich, basically crabfries, cheese sauce, a couple of shrimp and LOTS of pickles. It wasn't bad, but it was WAY salty. And we couldn't even get a second beer!

You didn't really get a lot of food either, for $6, you'd expect a little more than a handful of fries, or a small sandwich (but then again, we were all HUNGRY that night). I think the tab ran at about $19/person, which seems like a lot considering we had a beer, some sanwiches, and shared some fries.

Maybe if you're happen to be standing right next to one, about to pass out from hunger, hate talking to people and love watching sports, this would be a good spot to grab a bite to eat. Otherwise, I would definitely not recommend it.

Check Philadelphia Hotel Deals