Chickie's Deli

(215) 462-8040

Chickie's Deli Philadelphia Reviews

Lemuelle_1 Lemuelle…
Apr 25, 2007
I used to live in South Philly and recently visited Philadelphia intent on going back to this place. I wanted to make sure that the "Veggie Hoagie" was as delicious as I remembered---taste buds and memories can deceive! However in the case of Chickie's Veggie Hoagie, my taste buds and memories were spot on----mmmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm! The hero, uh, I mean "hoagie" (sub, grinder etc) is made on fresh loaves of bread from Sarcone's Bakery. Each morning at Chickie's there is a HUGE stack of loaves on their counter and when the bread runs out (this happens) they get ready to close. Thus I advise you not to go too late! The Veggie Hoagie is truly LOADED with eggplant, roasted peppers, sauteed broccoli rabe (with garlic of course) and sharp provolone. The combination of flavors is unbelievable. It is unfair having to recall it now, a hundred miles from a possible bite! Their meat based sandwiches are also delicious. This is not your typical deli. Try Chickie's for a true South Philly, Italian-American gustatory experience!
ducboy says:
That's awesome. I love food and I love to hear about all the unique places to eat. Especially hole in the wall places. Those are usually the best and the locals always know where there at. Eat up Bud!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2007