Chick & Ruth's Delly

165 Main Street, Annapolis, MD, USA

Chick & Ruth's Delly Annapolis Reviews

HuBison HuBison
I like diner food and this is a popular place with tourists and locals alike Jun 05, 2011
I actually ended up at Chick & Ruth's Delly because I was staying in the B&B upstairs and breakfast and the delly was considered the second "B" in my B&B. I actually thought I had written a review on this place already, but I guess not.

It has a rich history that you can read about and there are stories behind all of the sandwiches and which ones have names and why they were named the way they were. They have a variety of options (sandwiches and breakfast items, but I don't know about dinner).

It's funny how I didn't really realize that I didn't grow up eating toast. I had ordered a breakfast meal that included toast and the waitress asked me what kind I wanted. After staring at the puzzled look on my face, she asked me if I wanted white or wheat and then the lightbulb went off. ahhh!

The place has character. As with anywhere in downtown Annapolis, parking is not an easy task and you are most likely going to end up paying to park in a garage. Enjoy.
marksreynolds marksrey…
Chick & Ruth's Delly Dec 06, 2009
Everything about this place is great! The food, the service, even the owner comes around and chats with you. It's not a big place, and definitely not fancy, so come as you are. We were greeted from a guy behind the counter as soon as we walked in. Later I realized it was Ted, Chick's son, who is now the owner of the place since his dad past away back in 1995. He just yelled at us "hi, how many?" and then said " go to the back and up the stairs, there are empty tables there. Just have a seat and someone will be right with you"

The place was full, and very busy, but every employee we past smiled, or said hello. Once seated, we were greeted promptly and placed our drink orders. The menu is extensive, and they serve breakfast all day, but what has brought this place to fame recently is the show on the Travel Channel, Man vs Food. Yep, they did a show from here where the host, Adam Richman attempted to finish a 6 pound milk shake and a 1-1/2 pound sandwich in 1 hour...which he did!! Here is a link to the press conference after he finished the challenge. http://www.travelchannel.com/Video_&_Photos/Video_Detail?lineupId=31760069001&titleId=45737756001

Hey Adrian (acowboy) are you ready to come back to Annapolis and try this!?! I dare you!!! ;)

This was my first time here, sad I know since I have lived here for almost 20 years! So, for my first time, I had the 1 pound colossal burger, while Louise had a smaller burger and Lena had a cup of French Onion soup and a half of a Italian sub...which she only could eat half of! We also ordered fries to share, which were very yummy!! I finished my burger in about 10 minutes, so I'll be trying the 2 pounder next time, and maybe a small shake. I have to work up to the colossal challenge slowly hahaha :)

During our lunch, we heard Ted, the owner, get on the loud speaker and talk with people as they came in the door, or tell someone, "hey, I hear it's your birthday, but we wouldn't tell anyone, or sing ...happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you... (he's singing this now)

This is a fun place to eat, and the food is amazing, so if you are ever in the Annapolis area, it's definitely worth a visit and we would love to take you here!!
Inside Chick & Ruth's as seen from…
Man vs Food Colossal Challenge!
Inside Chick & Ruth's upstairs sea…
Koralifix says:
Congrats on being featured, Mark! Very well done!
1morespicy says:
Congrats on the feature!
yheleen says:
looking at those photos make me real hungry ;) thanks for sharing them... congrats!

Check Annapolis Hotel Deals