Chicago Botanic Garden

Glencoe, Illinois

Chicago Botanic Garden Glencoe Reviews

mayerel mayerel
Fun, easy, beautiful entertainment Aug 22, 2010
So, I love the Chicago Botanic Gardens. I've been going since I was young. I highly reccomend it for anyone looking for an easy, outdoor afternoon! I can't say it's the best gardens in the world, but it really is stunning and proabably the best I've been to in the US. The only cost is per carload, so, pack a carload of friends, bring a picnic and enjoy!

My favorite part is the Japanese gardens but last time I went we skipped it (Fiancee wasn't interested) and instead paid the extra $5 to go see the trains! So much fun!!

We tend to try and go on a week night, in the evening when there aren't a million people there. It really does make for a more enjoyable experiance.
Katie-Jane says:
looks like a lot of love and hard work went into those gardens, they're lovely :)
Posted on: Aug 22, 2010
bodtkd bodtkd
A day off with only R & R on my mind. Jul 12, 2008
The Chicago Botanic Garden is made up of 385 acres of woods,waterways and 23 display gardens. It opened in 1972 with it's mission directed at collection, education and research. It contains over 2.3 million plants with more than 9,000 varieties and it's open year round. Nothing to get hyped up about but if you like a leisure walk around beautifully designed landscapes for a couple of hours, this makes for a worthy stop.

Check Glencoe Hotel Deals