Chi Cha

210 Calle Santa Catalina, Arequipa, Peru
(054) 287360
Chi Cha - The cheese ice cream dessert
Chi Cha - My quinoa burger. You see the spoon and my phone to get an idea of how big/small it is
Chi Cha - Hollow!
Chi Cha - The bar, the bartender and no one to serve
Chi Cha - Chi Cha - well at least the snobbery comes in bright blue colours!
Chi Cha - Appetisers... those breads were the size of my fingers :-(
Chi Cha - My table

Chi Cha Arequipa Reviews

Vikram Vikram
The by-word for snobbish and "the customers can go f**k themselves" Dec 04, 2013
Before we go any further, I chose this restaurant for 2 reasons - that it was close to the Monastery that I had just finished visiting, and the Monastery gave me a 10% off coupon (or was it 20%?).

So Chi Cha... apparently there's a LOT of hype around this restaurant chain across Peru. Peru’s most famous chef, Gastón Acurio owns this wildly experimental place whose menu never veers too far from Peru’s Inca-Spanish roots. Think of it as the chains Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver have opened up in the UK. Only, the service in those restaurants was actually good. This, was a totally different story.

I visited during 'peak' lunch time and this restaurant, despite being located in the heart of the city was as empty as the Titanic 24 hours after it hit the icicle. I was wondering why this doesn't seem to tick with both the locals and the tourists, but a few minutes in, and it was clear why - SNOBBERY!

I had about 3-4 waiters all giving me the "eye" because I opted not to order any appetisers or any of their 20 sole+ ridiculously priced drinks. And being vegetarian, all I really could order was a quinoa burger. That was tasty no doubt. And they followed it up with a free dessert (well, I think that was part of the voucher I got) which was like our Indian kulfi (it was something called sweet cheese ice cream).

In general, I had the worst service in a long time just because I didn't come across as those that drop money at the drop of a hat. So much so that when I paid the bill and left, no one even said "thanks for visiting"!

In a nutshell, there are TONS of amazing restaurants in this city. Stick to those. These fusion rsnts generally come with a snob-tag. Avoid like the plague!
Chi Cha - well at least the snobbe…
My table
The bar, the bartender and no one …
Hollow!
Vikram says:
Tell me about it Brian!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2014
spocklogic says:
I hate restaurants with an air of snobbery!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2014
Nana_gincin says:
Gaston Acurio is a beloved chef in Peru, it's very unfortunate that one of his restaurants provides the kind of service that you indicate and must be corrected.
Posted on: Jan 10, 2014