Chez Marco

Place du 27 Juin 1977, Djibouti, Djibouti

Chez Marco Djibouti Reviews

DAO DAO
The Best Fillet Steak in Africa Feb 07, 2017
This is the best French meal I have ever had and the least I have ever paid for one. My meal was gorgeous, had regular sized portions, looked nice with our being a miniature piece of art and left me with plenty of change in my wallet.

I read about the restaurant and its signature dish in a guidebook. The dish is the “Filet de Boeuf Sauce Roquefort”. That’s fillet steak with Roquefort cheese sauce. I thought ‘I have to give it a try’. I am so glad I did. Strangely they are only open at night – unless you make a reservation – and I was the only person in the restaurant when the other diners left as I entered. I was prepared for the worst. I was not prepared to be blown away by the food. WOW!

I had the Niçoise salad to start. Fantastic! Then came the Filet de Boeuf Sauce Roquefort with the house red wine. The steak was massive given that it was fillet. It melted in my mouth. The wine was great to and I felt like I was dinning in heaven. Absolutely unforgettable.

And the prices? Affordable. I am truly impressed with this place and I cannot recommend it enough.

My server was polite, quiet and nothing was a problem. Especially the food and bill he brought me.

If you are here in Djibouti – get in here!

Also know as

Le Niçois Chez Marco

Favorite Dish:

Filet de Boeuf Sauce Roquefort with the house red wine.
Filet de Boeuf Sauce Roquefort