Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Road, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
(719) 475-9555
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - a view of the Springs from the zoo!
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - mountain lion feeding show.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - baby joey in a 'pouch'
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - riding
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - kids area, full of neat things to do!
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - feeding the giraffes
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - sky ride

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Colorado Springs Reviews

scubagirl76 scubagir…
A wild adventure! Jul 17, 2008
The Colorado Springs zoo called the Cheyenne Mountain zoo is a bit big for my taste. Walking around all day and not even getting to see the whole place really makes me think twice about going to a place. However, this zoo was well worth it! While we did not get to see everything what we did see was pretty cool. Not going overboard here this zoo was built along the side of a mountain so the views were just breathtaking! The zoo’s elevation is 6,800 feet above sea level and gains 120 feet in elevation from the parking lot to the very top. It does not matter where in the zoo you stand on one side you see the animals and if you do a 90 degree turn; BOOM! Spectacular views! Besides the views this zoo was an interactive kind of zoo. My oldest girls got to feed giraffes, all three of them got to feed the budgies and cockatiels in the aviary, they all got to pet a baby joey that was being held by a zoo worker, my middle child got to ride a horse, we all got to see mountain lions “hunting” well being fed really, but the zoo staff placed their food high on rocks and mimicked as closely as possible the way they would hunt in the wild, and there was a cute little area for kids complete with rides and a mini petting zoo. The zoo also has a sky ride and a tram service to make it easier to see a lot of the zoo. Really, this zoo was pretty neat and not just for the kids, I really enjoyed myself a lot there as well!
a view of the Springs from the zoo!
feeding the giraffes
mountain lion feeding show.
bkretzer says:
Wow! I don't remember any of this when I was there last. But, that had to be 20 years ago. Time to go back!
Posted on: May 07, 2009