Chetumal Hostel

Check Chetumal Hotel Deals

Chetumal Hostel Reviews

dedch dedch
quite and rather out of the way May 10, 2010
I was coming down from Tulum and descided to check out Chetumal. I selected the hostel from reviews I read on the internet.

Once I arrived at the bus station in Chetumal I took a taki for 25 Pesos to the hostel and when I arrived there I rang the bell. The owner Lilia opened the door. There was no one there when I arrived and it stayed that way. So I was the only occupant.

The hostal is nothing special. The rooms are rather clean but have not many amenities. There is a chair, a cupboard without doors and a small ventilator. The problem is, that there was no curtain in the room and even though it had only a small window, it was bright as day at around 6:30 when the sun came out.

There is a small outdoor area with some tables and chairs as well as a TV and a DVD player.

I would recommend this hostel only to someone that is looking for a safe place to sleep but does not want to explore the town.

I gave it a low score for loudness as the hostel has a dog called Kevin Costner that started barking at other dogs almost the whole night long. He is a nice sweet dog, but annoying if you want to sleep.
seraphimkarlien says:
i can deal with loud roommates, but a barking dog would definitely keep me from sleeping!
Posted on: May 13, 2010
Sarahbug Sarahbug
Nice Little Hostel In Chetumal Jan 14, 2010
This was a little out of the way. I had to take a taxi from the bus station. I took a bus from cancun. The taxi wasn't too expensive about 20 pesos ($2). The woman who runs the hostel is very friendly and helpful.

I had a quiet evening there with a couple of people I met. I had to get a bus the next morning to Belize City and they were going to Flores. I made the mistake of going to the big bus station. As I have now found out - not the best place to get a bus. I had to bargain my way onto one after I was told there were no tickets. If you are going to Belize then go to the bus station in the market!!

Overall I would recommend this place if you are stopping through chetumal for the night. Was very safe! The dorms were small and ensuite. They were fairly clean but nothing speical.

Related Travel Blogs About Chetumal Hostel

Intro to Belize
8/8/08 I have arrived at my volunteer destination! I will backtrack to the beginning of my travels.   Monday 6 October 2008 – Chicago to  Mexico On Monday 6 Oct, Dad and Gr…Chetumal hostel and to the bus station in the morning.   I grabbed a snack at the station and walked…

Check Chetumal Hotel Deals