Cherry Blossom Viewing

Cherry Blossom Viewing - Fussa 2007

Cherry Blossom Viewing Tokyo Reviews

aussielivinginjapan aussieli…
Mar 31, 2004
Cherry Blossom season in Japan is a big event that you do not want to miss.

The Cherry Blossom season varies year to year and depending on where you want to go to view the Cherry Blossom trees.

Up north in Japan in cities such as Hokkaido the cherry blossoms bloom from early April to Mid May.

Around the Tokyo are they bloom late March to early April.

Further down south around Kyoto, Nara, Kobe, Hiroshima etc.. they also bloom around late March to early April.

And down in Okinawa they can bloom as early as late January.

Everybody celebrates and hold Hanami (cherry blossom viewing parties). Many people gather in parks, bring food and drink and sit under the cherry blossoms and enjoy the warm spring weather.

The cherry blossom viewing season is quiet short. After one week of opening they are in full bloom and this is the best time to view them. Another week later after this they will start to fall off. Rain or wind can shorten the season too sometimes.

I recommend trying to find out when the best time time to view them will be and plan a trip to conincide with the cherry blossom season.

It's well worth seeing and would be the highlight of any trip to Japan.
Nara 2004
Kamonomiya 2005
Fussa 2007
Ueno Park 2006
dmae712 says:
BEAUTIFUL! we arrived a week late and missed the blossoms :(
Posted on: Jun 18, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Cherry Blossom Viewing

Tokyo, temple, museum and palace
We had our Japan rail pass starting today so we decided to travel mostly by rail and only take the subway when necessary. The fine food market in Shimbashi station was not open when we were ready for…viewing of cherry blossoms in Tokyo, oh well. After the Senso-ji temple, we headed back on the subway to the Ueno…
Friday adventures (Shiba Park, Zojoji Temple, Tokyo Tower and evening walkabout)
On Friday I woke up early even before the clock started ringing. I felt nice and warm under my two blankets =) It was about 6.30am. My window curtains were shut and strangely enough I didn't bother…Cherry Blossoms, I felt very lucky to be able to see such incredible views... Then we went up to the Tokyo
Sakura
Spring comes very late in Tohoku, so if you want to see the sakura blossoms in March you must go further south. I was supposed to go to China in my spring break, but I had to pay the school tuition f…Tokyo, wich is not the best place to view the cherry blossoms, but isn't that bad either. I saw some…

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals