Cheras Pasar Malam

Cheras, Malaysia

Cheras Pasar Malam Reviews

YuKai YuKai
Night Market Joys Jan 21, 2009
If you don't mind pushing through hoards of Chinese and Malays on a Saturday night, then you must visit the Cheras Pasar Malam (or night markets) in Cheras.

Unfortunately I can't remember the exact location as I was driven there by my girlfriend's uncle (a local) at night time, in my first night in Malysia, so I was a little disoriented! But let me tell you once you find a park (and it's a long way to the shop from any park you may find), it's well worth a look.

There are a few night markets in Malaysia, as there are other places in the world, but Cheras markets help you to blend in with the locals, pick up some cheap souveniers and try some tasty snacks. They have everything from shoes, to bras, to bags, to stuffed animals, then food like cakes, soft drinks, durain icecream and more.

Haggle for everything except the food (unless you think that $1 for 6 cakes is a rip off), keep hold of your valuables, and don't get too pushy -just enough to get through - and you will have a great time.

Related Travel Blogs About Cheras Pasar Malam

My First Big Mall and a Taste of the Night Markets
Cheras MallAfter the second breakfast, we ventured out to the relatively close Cheras Mall for a general look around at the shops. Coming from a place such as Australia, Cheras Mall was bustling w…Cheras Pasar Malam (Night Markets) The night markets (pasar malam) are more a way of life for the Malaysians…

Compare Kajang Hotel Rates (6.7km away)

Cheras Map