Chelsea Piers Sports Complex

by the river between 17th and 23rd st., New York, NY, USA

Chelsea Piers Sports Complex New York Reviews

Eboogzs Eboogzs
Rock Climb for your life Jan 22, 2012
Chelsea Piers is a massive sports complex with an indoor basketball court, track, gym, volleyball, surf lessons/workouts, yoga, and more. But one activity I go there for is the rock climb wall.

The wall is 46' high and 100' wide and is the largest in NY. There are a lot of different levels of difficulties, from a flat and fairly easy climb, to more taxing and strength testing ones.

Me having been afraid of heights during my early years, got over it a bit after a few years of flying and roller-coaster rides but I still get nervous. I was prepared for the challenge of the climb but not sure how I would do on the height aspect.

Making it up the wall was thrilling and definitely got my adrenaline going...but they warn you not to look down when you're at the top. I had to test it out though and see for myself. 46' is pretty high when you're just dangling by a rope and coming down can be a little scary.

After a few climbs i was alright and read to make it my next sport to tackle. It's $60 a person which includes shoes and harness. I recommend it as a fun group activity.
jefrois jefrois
Try almost any sport you want at Chelsea Piers Sports Complex Sep 03, 2008
If you are in New York and would like to try ice skating, rock climbing, batting cages, golf, kayaking, boxing, gymnastics and still have good restaurants around you this is the place!

This is the place for all your sports needs, you can climb the 30 ft wall, you can think you are Tiger Woods and try to hit golf balls as far as you can, you can try not to fall on the ice rink haha

Located on the west side of manhattan right on the river, this multi-bulding complex is the place to go if you want to attempt a sport or if you want to join a league and play...

Whatever sport you feel like doing, Chelsea piers probably has it!
Flyinhigh says:
Be like Tiger, huh? Lol
Posted on: Dec 18, 2009
derekbilldaly says:
Sounds like a place packed full of fun!
If i make it over while your still there, I reckon we hit a nearby bar and then chance our arms in the boxing ring just like in the good old gentleman Jim days haha!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2008