Chelsea Lodge

318 West 20th Street, New York, NY, USA
www.chelsealodge.com - (212) 243-4499
Chelsea Lodge - Outside, waiting for the shuttle bus, enjoying the beautiful day.
Chelsea Lodge - Pic is taken standing in the closet area.  Part of the shower can be seen on the right side.

Chelsea Lodge Rates and Deals

Chelsea Lodge New York Reviews

sarahthevegasbride sarahthe…
Little gem in the Chelsea area Oct 29, 2009
We stayed at Chelsea Lodge back in Oct/Nov 2009. We had a brilliant stay, staff made us feel welcome and lent us some essential stuff like iron and hairdryer.

Even though the rooms are small there is just enough room for 2 people, the shared toilets were not a problem either.

One tip we ate a few times at Le Grainne cafe which is on 9th Avenue 21st. Lovely little gem and we never had a bad meal.

Overall i would recommend Chelsea Lodge to people on a budget.
Jbjagin Jbjagin
Jun 16, 2007
I'm the kind of traveler who will pick a place to stay based on price and location. I would rather spend what little money I have on exploring and experiencing the destination than on a place where I am going to store my things. The Chelsea Lodge was perfect for me. It is located in the Chelsea District in Manhattan, New York. It is off of 8th Avenue and 20th Street; and most importantly, only a 5 minute walk to the subway. Along 8th Avenue, there are deli's, bagel shops, mini markets, restaurants, and a variety of other small shops which are within 5 minute walking distances. On Saturday, there was even a small fair with booths lining the streets with merchandise and food to purchase. And, at night, the streets are patrolled by NY policemen. So, it wasn't so scary walking back during the wee hours in the morning.

Now; for the price, you get a twin sized bed, about a 13" tv, a school desk, a dresser, a sink, and a shower all in one very small room. I had stayed on the 2nd floor and right across from the shared bathroom which contained only of a sink and toilet. The place is small and located in a cleaner area of New York. The stairs in the hotel are wide enough for one person; maybe 1 1/2, and are moderately steep. I recommend staying in the room alone, as a couple, or sharing the room with anyone you don't mind taking a shower in front of.

What I liked most about this hotel was that it was extremely clean and well-kept; and the owner was EXTREMELY polite and helpful. Upon check-in you get 2 keys, one for the entrance door leading to the streets and the other to your room. Also, after booking your reservation, if you pay the remaining balance with cash, you get a 10% discount. Traveling with a friend, my part cost me about $260 for 4 nights. The owner helped bring our bags up, called for an airport shuttle before check-out, and even waited with us while the shuttle bus was on its way. The hotel also had a warm feel to it. If I had stayed in a dorm in college, this hotel is what would have reminded me of; the narrow stairs, single rooms, shared bathrooms, and someone helpful watching over the place downstairs. I would stay here again.
Outside, waiting for the shuttle b…
Pic is taken standing in the close…
anupa_rk says:
Very nice review. Thanks for sharing! And congrats on the feature :)
vulindlela says: