Chelsea International Hostel

Chelsea International Hostel Rates and Deals

Chelsea International Hostel New York Reviews

simonzinha simonzin…
Good location but can be noisy Jan 23, 2011
I booked a bed in a room for 2 with bathroom inside. I also chose a large room and in fact it was not large. So I imagine that the small room is too narrow.

The rooms are very simple and bunk beds. If u are sleeping on the top, u should be careful as to reach ur bed is a little bit complicated and noisy. During the night u can have problemas to sleep. U can listen people talking in the streets and also the hot water going on the pipe. There was a big one inside of my room.

There are small lockers inside the room (and also big ones in the main building). If u wanna use those at ur room, u should use a medium padlock (bigger comparing to those that u use to lock ur luggages). They dont tell u in the website.

They offer free wifi but only at the kitchen area. Somehow it was working in my bed area.

The location is pretty good. Short walk to many subway stations. You will also find many shops and places to eat or buy supplies.

If u need an adpator, the hostel can lend you.

In my opinion, this hostel was not easy to know other guests. I went to the common area in during the night and all I saw was small groups of friends talking in their languages and somo solo travellers, but seems like that they was prefering to stay alone.

The cleanliness was ok.

About the staff, some was fine but others were a little bit rude.
Martin_Austria Martin_A…
Nice hostel in the Center of Manhattan Sep 24, 2009
Before I get started to write about the hostel - keep in mind, New York is a busy place, don't travel to New York without having booked a place at a hostel. You might end up having troubles to find a cheap place to stay.

But back to the Chelsea International Hostel, it is well located at the 20th street and only a few blocks away from two subway lines.

The hostel has a couple of entrance door and a nice outdoor common area (which is sometimes already closed at 11pm) as well as the common rooms, where you have the internet terminals. You have to ask the receptionist to get in there after 11pm. I couldn't see if there is a common kitchen or a decent sized TV around.

The offer free breakfast, but if you are not at 8 am sharp it's not worth going there. after 5 past 8 the queue is already more then 20 meters long. If you don't need to save 5 USD on the breakfast I would recommend you to go somewhere else.

I had a few nice chats at the outdoor area / terrace the one night I stayed, my brother said, that afterwards the area was closed most of the following days.

What I like:

You share your bathroom with up to 8 persons, but jet again - toilet and shower are in the same room.

What I didn't like:

The wireless lan was only usable during the off-peak times, in the morning and evenings in was unstable and unusable.

PS: The website booking takes a few days to send you a confirmation, so its not good for late bookings.

jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Ok place to put your head Nov 19, 2009
This is the perfect hostel if you only want a cheap place to stay the night. It is located in Chelsea and fairly close to the subway so getting around the city is easy. The place was clean, but not spic and span. The rooms were fairly cramped compared to some hostels I have stayed in. I remember the staff being friendly but not overly so. IIRC there is a courtyard in the middle of the building with some chairs. I stayed here for a few nights with my brother, but it was three years ago and I don’t remember the specific details any longer. We stayed right after New Years, and it is a great time to visit New York City. All the Christmas decorations were still up and it was snowing!

Check Chelsea International Hostel Rates and Deals