Chelsea International Hostel New York

Chelsea International Hostel New York Rates and Deals

Chelsea International Hostel New York Reviews

DougeeGould DougeeGo…
Cheap, central, rough diamond May 15, 2011
Stayed here in February '08 when the snow and weather was really bad outside. Had just come off a flight and this was my first time in NYC. I have a friend living on 24th and 7th but wanted to spend my first 24hrs in New York by myself.

I checked into this place as it was near to my mate and cheap as well.

I went for a shared room and found it occupied by 2 male illegal immigrants. One was 33, called Mustapha and from Turkey and the other was 42, called Keet from Trinidad and Tobago. Mustapha had only been in the country for a week but Keet had been in for 11 years! Both lovely guys and talking to them about love, life and the world whilst we lay in our beds with the lights out was one of the highlights of my trip!

So we were bunched up in the bedroom which was quite a narrow room with a sink at one end and a window facing the street on the other. The beds were two bunk beds lined up against the far wall and I slept above Mustapha. The bathroom outside in the hall way was pretty dirty and the light bulb chased the cockroaches away but overall my stay was fine. Staff where there to give advice or answer any questions and polite with it. Not exactly over the moon happy, but polite enough.

Pro's. Central as can be and cheaper than a hotel.

con's. Bit on the rough diamond side (but hey! What would you expect from a hostel?)

Would definitely use it again
Globevoyager Globevoy…
Chelsea Hostel, NYC, NY, USA Aug 16, 2008
Summer 2008 I stayed a week in this hostel at 20th street between 7th and 8th avenue in New York City. From here you can walk to many main attractions in New York City. The Subway is very close too.

The Meat Packing District (bars, clubs and restaurants) is only 15 minutes walk and some shops (24h open) are around the corner.

The hostel is clean, not to expensive, has internet facilities (not for free) and has a kitchen and TV room. During the day it's nice to sit in the courtyard. After 10pm it has to be quiet here. The reception is open 24h. Arriving after 3pm. Leaving before 12pm.

Prices for shared room 8,6 or 4 people with bathroom are good. Prices for double rooms are expensive.

In each room are lockers, but you have to bring your own lock.

I felt save walking alone at the streets at night.

This area has a large gay scene. There are many gay bars. If you pass this area you're arrive in the Meat Packing District.

If I go back to New York City I'm definitely going back to this hostel.
rwg rwg
Good location, decent atmosphere, so-so rooms Jul 04, 2008
The rooms are tiny even for a hostel, and service is non-existent.

The location is great (midtown, much better than many of the other NYC hostels); prices are above hostel-average (but still way way below cheapest non-hostel accommodation prices)

Check Chelsea International Hostel Rates and Deals